Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Depreciation to start from Jun (not Jan) after change of useful life

siewyuen_see
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

This is tested from SAP 2005B.

Depreciation runs have been executed from Jan to Jun.

The posting period is in Jun 2009.

Changed Useful Life of a Fixed Asset Item under the Fixed Assets Master Data-> General Tab.

I re-run the depreciation run for Jun again.

The system updated the planned depreciation value from depreciation start date,that means from January,but not from Jun (start date of the change).

I would like the new depreciated value to be effecive from Jun 2009 instead.

Please advise is there any solution.

Reported to SAP but the reply is current system definition.

Thanks

Siew Yuen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

YatseaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Siew Yuen,

Not sure I understand your question correctly.

The depreciation start day has something to do with period control in depreciation type and 1st acquistion doc date.

What is the period control and 1st acuqistion doc date in your case?

Full Year Conversion?

If you would like to start the depreciation from jun, but the asset has been depreciated since Jan, also you would like to reverse it, and depreciate it again since Jun

1. You may need to do full credit memo for 1st acuqsition

2. Depreciation Run to Jun, negative depreciatoin will be posted, just reverse the post the depreciaiton

3. Do a subacuqsuition on Jun, and set the period control of sub-acquistion as "Pro Rota", sub type as "FCP - 1st date of current period"

Regards, Yatsea

siewyuen_see
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yatsea

Let me explain the full scenario as below:

1) Customer has Fixed Assest which has useful life of 25 years, i.e. 300 months.

2) The assets has been depreciated for a few months, e.g from July 2008 to Mar 2009. In FA Master Data, it shows the remaining useful life is 294.

3) From Mar 2009 onwards, the management decides that the userful life is to be 30 instead of 25. The past depreciated value is to remain. The new depreciated value is to be effective from Mar 2009 onwards.

Changes Done

1) In Fixed Asset Master file, under the General tab, a change has been made to the Useful life from 300 to 360. The remaining life is auto-change to 354.

2) Re-run the depreciation for Mar 2009.

3) The new depreciated value is re-calculated from Jan 2009 onwards and the adjustment is posted in Mar 2009.

What is required is that Jan 2009 to Feb 2009 should remain the original depreciated value. The new depreciated value should be adjusted from Mar 2009 onwards.

Please advise is there any solution or proposals.

Example

Asset value = 518749.95

Useful life = 300

Remaining Useful life = 294

Monthly Planned Depreciated Value = 1729.17, Dec Planned Depreciated value = 1729.13

After Changes Done

Asset value = 250000

Useful life = 360

Remaining Useful life = 354

Monthly Planned Depreciated Value = 1436.09, Dec Planned Depreciated value = 1436.06

Required

Asset value = 250000

Useful life = 360

Remaining Useful life = 354

Jan and Feb Planned Depreciated Value = 1729.17

Mar 2009 onwards, Planned Depreciated Value = 1404.95

Calculation = (518749.95 - 20750 - 3458.34)/352

where 20750 is the depreciated value for 2008 and 3458.34 is the depreciated value for Jan and Feb 2009.

Thanks

Siew Yuen

YatseaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Siew Yuen,

It is clear now. Current FA doesn't support such case in one asset. Depreciation will be recalculated from the beginning.

You may post this requirement on the forum: /community [original link is broken]

Just my thought:

In this case the asset has to be divided into 2 parts (asset),

- Part 1 is for last 6 month,

1).Create a credit memo for the current asset with NBV,

2).Change its planed useful life into 6 months

-Part 2 represents the left 354 month,

1).Create a new asset with 354 month useful life

2).Do a acquistion with NBV on Mar 2009

From financial point of view, asset balance and depreciation are correct. Hope it helps.

Regards, Yatsea