Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative requirement quantity for maintenance order components

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

After some googling and some experimentation I have found that it is possible to enter a negative requirement quantity into a maintenance order.   By adding movement types in configuration for goods receipt of by-products the 262 movement type is determined when negative quantities are entered.

upload 12/16/2015 at 3:04:53 PM.png

When MIGO is used to goods issue against the reservation the stock movements look fine.  There is a slight issue with the order costing but I think I can be resolved.

This doesn't seem to be something SAP intended but there are a few people online who mention it.  Has anybody used this functionality and did you encounter any issues?

Thanks

Robyn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robyn,

This discussion should be of help to you.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response.

Our scenario isn't excess stock but I think the process is applicable.  We are replacing truck tyres. When installing a new tyre we accept a used tyre casing back into inventory for re-treading.

I re-tested the scenario again and the costs seem fine now.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

We have same scenario for our fleet management.But what about the valuation of used tyres even after 100% depreciation posted?

We had a major issue with finance as they are not treating  the used spares as new ones and system hits MAP of material and valuation goes wrong.So i developed a return stock material process with out hitting valuation but we have some controls at the time of raising the P.R for same material if the returned stock is having stock  in returned (used) stores.

For exceeds material return, we can use same maint.order to build stock as user did not use the material yet and system updates MAP as per the appropriate  value.

Regards,

pardhu

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pardhu

Thanks for the information.  I will keep an eye on the inventory valuation but I'm not sure that will be an issue for us because the used casing is a different material.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you can.This process is applicable when user with draws 5 qty of 6202 bearings for maintenance in functional location or an equipment.But he utilizes only 4 nos, then he can return to stores by keeping as negative sign.So that stores person can post goods issue for same resevation or maint.order to update the stock.

Regards,

pardhu