cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Auto Price update in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am planning to use transaction MEI7 for changing condition prices in open purchase order items. I have done my research and still have few questions. As specified in earlier discussions, I checked OSS notes like 132099, 173587 and they are applied.

I ran the Tcode MEI7 and got the message log with a list of purchase order items successfully updated. However, when i check the 'Item Changes' in PO, I don't see any changes. 

After MEI7, is it supposed to update pricing in PO or do we still need to run ME14 and MEI1?

Do we need to do any configuration for MEI7?  How to analyze the results of MEI7?

We also have version management active for PO. If I run MEI1, POs are not getting updated. Is there a way to bypass version management or do we need to copy the program and create a new one to allow version management?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want update PO price where PO already created!

How is your PO created and with reference to any PR or contract or project PR from CJ20N or maintenance PR  from PM module?

Edit those reference document and with development - you can update PO price.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP User 05,

MEI7 use to make automatic document adjustment if sales prices have changed. MEI7 is not actually use updating the condition, the change to the info-record its updating the condition in the PO.

For adjusting purchasing conditions in purchase orders you should use tcode MEI1 or MEI2.

Please note that MEI7 is only relevant for condition types, for examples: VKP0 and VKP1 (sales prices). Therefore, both MEI1 and MEI2 different from the usage of MEI7.

Please review the documentation on the report MEI7.

Hope this information will help.

Best Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Price change in VKPO and VKp1 is one of the scenario and rest we have to update PIR. Hence, we are inclining towards updating PIR and using MEI1 or MEI2.

Thanks

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Long back i used the same and got failed.

Need to know why you need use MEI7, What changes you needed? any conditions you changed?

Search the same and you get few threads -

MEI7 - Price Updation in Open Purchase Order | SCN

Reg,

Bhg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BHG,

Thanks for your reply.

Before posting, I did check the thread you attached.  We have multiple scenarios and MEI7 may not work in all the cases. We are planning to leverage MM side programs like MEI4 and MEI1. I did the required config and it looks good.

However, version management is active for POs and MEI1 is not saving the POs due to mandatory ‘reason code’ of PO version management. I am not sure if there any OSS notes to resolve the issue. If not we may copy MEI1 program and pass default reason code for version management in the backend.

Please let me know is there a way to default reason codes or any OSS note which covers this functionality.

Thanks

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Auto determination of version is for only "version 0'.

What you can do is deactivate VM for Doc.type and P.org and try.

Reg,

Bhag

Former Member
0 Kudos

BHG,

I deactivated VM for a particular dco type and P.org and it is not expecting as intended. This has following limitations and Business may not agree:

1. 1) It does not work for the existing POs and we still need to provide reason code
  2. 2) Business may not accept to deactivate the version management.

My options would be at this time to pass reason code somehow to update the version management.

Thanks

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

The you should work with ABAPER for auto Version maintenance.

Reg,

Bhg.