Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation by keyboard arrow keys

a_musitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there 🙂

Please help me with an issue

Our SAP GUI updated from 740 to 770 version.

After this update, one "function" is missed in a customized transaction.

I guess the customized tcode is not relevant, from the question point of view, the base of that was LT10 as standard tcode.

In the customized transaction, there is a list with material numbers, and other details, and there are editable columns after these data, for qty, Storage Location, etc.

In version 740, when user selected a cell with arrow keys or mouse, and entered the value to the cell, he was able to exit from the cell to the next cell with RIGHT ARROW key on keyboard. What he entered till that keypress, has benn accepted as value

Now in 770 version, the user can navigate same way with tab or arrow keys, but after entered some value, the cursor stays in the cell at last position, and not exiting from the field, till TAB or ENTER pressed on the keyboard.

What might be overwritten with the update, or what function/field exit has gone then?

Thanks for your help in advance

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions.

As you're looking to get most out of your community membership, please consider include a profile picture to increase user engagement & additional resources to your reference that can really benefit you:

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the best,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

olafh
Discoverer

Symptom

In SAP GUI ALV Grid Control, Cell Navigation does not happen using left/right arrow keys. To activate cell Navigation, user can set windows registry key "AlvCellArrowNavigation" value to 1 as mentioned below.

• Create new windows registry key "AlvCellArrowNavigation" of type REG_DWORD 32 Bit in the path "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Customize"
  • Set AlvCellArrowNavigation key value to 1.
  • Then restart SAP GUI or start new SAP GUI session to reflect the changes.
  • The above mentioned "AlvCellArrowNavigation" key can also be created at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Customize" (32bit operating system or 64bit operation system when running a 64bit version of SAP GUI for Windows) / "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Customize" (64bit operation system when running a 32bit version of SAP GUI for Windows).
  • If the "AlvCellArrowNavigation" key is not present at HKCU then "AlvCellArrowNavigation" key value at HKLM will be considered.
a_musitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Olaf, you are getting now 5 Star from me 🙂 Amazing, perfectly works!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

olafh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Attila,

please check:

2910148 - SAP GUI ALV Grid Control: ALV Cell Navigation does not happen using left/right arrow keys.

Best regards, Olaf

a_musitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

First of all: thanks for your time.

Unfortunately I cannot find this thread, I guess I have only "P" user account.

"You are signed in with a P-user ID. Visitors with an S-user ID will benefit from more tools and enhanced functionality"

😞

Attila