Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues with CATS time approval on POWL

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing multiple issues with CATS approval using POWL on NWBC for EHP6 in HR Renewals (Feature Pack 3 and Feature Pack 4).

Below are the issue we are facing:

The default query available for time approval is displaying the details that the manager needs to approve as visible in the image attached. When the user clicks on the number hours (link in the column Recorded Time) the system is supposed to launch the individual approval screen.

The issues we are facing currently are:

1. When the user clicks on the number of hours recorded, (the link in the column Recorded time) the system is opening a new browser window which is meant for displaying the individual approval application BUT the screen is blank. It is nothing but an empty blank page. It is not able to launching the individual approval application at all. The entries in the launchpad are fine (as can be seen in the attachment) but still the system is not able to launch the application.

2. There used to be a button on the POWL screen with which the time recording dash board can be launched for the managers. All of a sudden the button has disappeared. The only change we did in the system was to activate the business function HCM_MSS_WDA_2. Before activating this function the button was available and after activating that function the button has gone missing. Is there anyway we can bring it back?

Please advise

Regards,

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the answer to my first question (The system opens a popup window for showing the individual approval application but it is a simple blank empty page). It was due to authorisations of my role. We copied the standard role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 into a custom role and were trying to access the timesheet approvals using the copied role. But with custom role the application was not accessible somehow (thats why it was showing the blank page)

When I tried accessing using the another standard role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2 it worked and the system showed the individual application role. So now we have to add this composite role to our custom role which will solve all the problems.

But what surprises me is that by looking at the naming standards, SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2 looks and SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 looks more latest. In that sense the latest role should have better authorisations but looks like it doesnt.

anyway, the role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2 solved one of our problems.

Now the question remaining is how to bring the missing button.

Regards,

PK