Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing timesheet notification(CATS) to employee and CC to manager

balamunil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We wanted to schedule a job by using the application Job "Schedule Overhead Accounting Job" with the template "Email Missing Time Sheet Entries (SAP)" to send an email to resources who missed filling their timesheet entries for the week. Email reminders 1, 2, and 3 should be sent out on Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays.

On the other hand, another job with the template of "Email Notification for Timesheet Approvers (SAP)" is sent to the respective managers for pending approval of timesheets on Friday, Saturday, and Monday with email reminders 1,2, and 3 sent to the respective managers.

We wanted to UNderstand that ,

1.Would it be possible to schedule a job with different time zones, such as India, the United States, and the United Kingdom? Is there a way to schedule these jobs with different time zones?

2.We have a different approval process for India and for countries other than India. In our system, we have developed a custom approval flow for TS.

Ex: For India Resources, when the TS is filled against a project, it should be sent to the Project Manager. If the TS is filled against a corporate task, such as leaves, it should be sent to the Reporting Manager.

Other than India Resources (such as the United States, United Kingdom, etc.), if they fill out their TS for either Projects or Corporates, it is always forwarded to the Reporting Manager only.

The question we have now is, if we schedule the Email Notification for Timesheet Approvers (SAP)" jobs, will it trigger as per our custom approval flow? OR how will the job be triggered?

3.Can we get CATS missing TS notification email to respective manager aswell as a CC along with Employee?

4. The email template can be modified?

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello balamunil.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Human Resources" for this question, as Timesheets are Objects related to Human Resources Line of Business.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Saumitra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@balamunil:
I will try to answer the questions as per my knowledge, highly recommended to test it in your systems:

1. I don't see an option in the job scheduling which allows the different time zones. But you have an option in the job scheduling on the recurrence pattern for weekly/monthly where you can choose the calendars, but the job start time is the local time which your system is set.

2. As of today the email templates cannot be modified and you will have to stick to the standard email template. I don't think the custom logic will include the job execution as this is independent of the logic. Can you please share which logic/flow are you talking about and if it is just a business process setup or used in the system in the form of the custom logic/BADI or a custom flexible workflow etc.. Because as far as I know, custom flows and the job execution should be independent -but I would like to explore more on this once you provide more information.

3. I don't think this is possible. I have seen some improvement requests on this requests, but so far this is not available in the system

4. Answered in the 2nd point. The email template cannot be edited.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Saumi