cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing accounting document in physical inventory differece posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

When I try to post difference from physical inventory the system is creating only material document without accounting document. This is happening only for one material type. The others are ok. And also the material types have same price control - S, Key INV with same accounts is defined in OBYC for all material types.

What should I do to have the financial postings?

Help !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what I was thinking!?. Thanks Steve

Message was edited by:

Levent Akyol

Message was edited by:

Levent Akyol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is NOT a problem relating to the upload of data to BW from R3.

The problem is that there are NO ACCOUNTING DOCUMENTS being created when a stock count has been performed. This is not related to BW in any way.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check for this material type whether Value update indicator set or not?

Regards

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is set. And all other postings for other movement types are ok. The problem is only with posting of physical inventory differences. The accounting document is missing. I've tested both scenarios with deficit and surpluss and in both cases I don't have accounting postings, only material documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will ONLY happen if no value is involved.

The items you are counting that don't have an accounting document MUST be valued at zero, there is no other explanation.

The material master accounting price is either zero or you are counting "non-valuated stocks" (i.e. stocks where the costs were posted on receipt directly to a consumption account and the stock qty is mainatined without a value.

But you have indicated that the material type has the "value update" flag set on (is it set on for this PLANT, it is a plant relevant setting).

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, the material has price. The material is not non-value. And the value update flag is set for the plant. For the other movements with this material I have accounting documents! I understand that this situation is not normal.

Other sugestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was it a count of "normal" stock type?

Has the count been posted and nut yet had the difference posted? (you would not get a material document either if the difference had not yet been posted, so this is probably not the cause).

Was the count date in a previous year? (In which case the accounting document may be there but posted in the previous year?)

Sorry to be suggesting some crazy things but there is no way that the system would have just not posted a financial document for a valuated stock movement such as this. There must be a logical explanation, I cannot imagine that it is a system bug or config problem etc.

Steve B