cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD01 not converting some of the planned orders into PR for externally procured type materials.

harish01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Kindly help me on this. How to achieve this requirement through MD01 ?

Reported issue:

MD01 - MRP Run not converting some of the planned orders into PR for externally procured type materials. This leads to delay in initiating procurement process.

Example case:

We found an example planned order:75834385 in SAP sys which was created on time 24.02.2023 and based on opening period 2days maintained in schedule margin key, this order start date calculated as 28.02.2023. (with included weekend holidays) It is correct till now but in next step based on "Planned delivery lead time" maintained in MRP2 view as 14 days. In this time the planned order should have converted into PR and procurement process should completed but it was not happened yet.

Still planned order available in MD04 list. However we can able to convert it into PR manually or if we run MD03 system generating PR but we expected the existing MRP Run- MD01 which runs daily with processing key-NETCH & Create Purchase Req. option as 2 (Purchase requisitions in opening period) should have performed this.

Analysis report:

I understand, Total planning (TC MD01, program RMMRP000) with processing key NETCH plans only the materials which have a planning file entry. As I have checked the user reported planned order's material in MD21 TC there was no planning file entries were set. So, MD01 excluded this material's planned order from MRP Run.

If we run MD01 with NETCH & Create Purchase Req - 2 (Purchase requisitions in opening period) MRP creates a planned order outside of the opening period. The time goes by and in case if there is no MRP relevant changes no planning file entry will be set and even in some time that planned order also moved into the opening period. I came to know this kind of planned order also will not be consider by MD01.

Suggested solution: Run MD15 manually. But users were not accepted as it is a manual & time consuming process.

In our system most of the planned orders seems falling inside opening period it seems. So,i assume that is the reason MD01 not considering for planning. Going forward how can we overcome this issue? By increasing opening period in schedule margin key can solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance. Kindly help.

Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello harish01

harish01I think you have perfectly identified the root cause - you have written:

The time goes by and in case if there is no MRP relevant changes no planning file entry will be set and even in some time that planned order also moved into the opening period.

If there are no MRP relevant changes, then there is no planning file entry, so net change MRP will not plan the material again. Thus planned orders will not be converted to purchase requisitions in the opening period. You simply cannot rely on MRP run to convert planned order to purchase requisitions.

Why don't you plan the conversion of planned orders to purchase requisitions as a background job with MDUM transaction? That is how it should be done if users don't wish to convert online.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

harish01
Explorer

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the quick response. MDUM as same as MD15 which runs in background.

In existing setup we are running daily MRP Run MD01 with scope of planning for 10 number of plants.

I will discuss with business users and come back.

Thanks,

Harish

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

harish01 Indeed MDUM schedules MD15. You could run MD15 for all your plants right after MRP run. I think that would solve the issue.

harish01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

We have an existing setting in schedule margin key as "opening period - 2days".

If we are scheduling a job through MDUM with selection parameter "To opening date" period as 10days.. System cumulates current date plus 10 working days planned orders those opening date falls in between that 10days and converting into PRs. Here the schedule margin key is became meaning less.

what do you say?

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

harish01 If your opening period is 2 days, then I'd say you should create a selection variant in MDUM with "to opening date" = current date + 2 working days. You can define the date dynamically in the selection variant:

harish01
Explorer

Okay. Thanks for the support.

Answers (0)