Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

LSO portal function under EHP7 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

many, many years ago i have implemented the BSP application hcm_learning to let users see and book their trainings online (including workflow,....)

now i have a new customer requirement for implementing LSO. This customer is on EHP7 and i ask myself if there are any other (web dynpro abap ???) application instead of this "old, ugly" BSP application, which is not suitable anymore.

so how can users go trough the training catalog from backend,  book their trainings including workflow,..... under EHP 7 ?

br, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stephen_B
Participant
0 Kudos

We do have a new Learner Portal called 'Renovated Learner Portal' made from WD Abap. It was delivered in EHP6/HR Renewal 1.0

SAP Learning Solution Front-End Learner (Renovated Learning Port - Human Resources - SAP Library

The additional functionality added in EHP7 is the integration of SAP JAM into LSO.

It might be 'new' but my current customer thinks it's still 'old and ugly'.

Cheers

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stephen,

"old" does not always mean "ugly" in MY opinion -> its in the eye of the beholder

well, 3 questions left.

1) do you have a webdynpro abap component/application name for me ? how to find in se80 ?

2) does component LSOFE 617 have to be installed. my customer is on LSOFE 600 with this, i don't know why. they have upgraded to EHP7 2 month ago, but the LSOFE component is not up to date.

3) i am very experienced with the "old, ugly" BSP application. can it still be used ?

br, Martin

Stephen_B
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

In my case, the 'beholder' are millenials who are daily users of Facebook and Twitter and other web 2.0 sites. Compared to those UX, WDA looks outdated by a million years.

1. I dont have my notes with me but im sure it's there. Just read through the documentation.

2. Yes, You have to upgrade LSOFE to 607 to get additional functionality offered up to EHP7. I dont know what 617 is for.

3. Technically you can use the BSP app innEHP6/7  but it wouldn't be fair to your customer that youll be using old stuff when theres a 'new' one, isnt it? Best to present the two and let the customer decide.

cheers

Stephen