cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - Change Default for Blank Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I am using standard batch/direct input LSMW to upload Material.

I am now trying to create LSMW that can change materials i.e. one for MM01 and one for MM02.

If I leave fields in my upload file blank, it does not update the converted data with /

For example if I leave the Profit Center blank in my upload file, it deletes the current value.

How can I have LSMW default / for any fields left blank in the upload file

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudeep_a
Active Contributor

Hi,

In insert Rule, have you set Transfer (MOVE) and "Only id source field Not initial"? If not, please try this.

MAZIZ
Explorer
0 Kudos
How to access this window?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you prepare the source file?

Very often the source is Excel.

so you can easily mark all records and replace empty cells with "/" using Ctrl+H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would usually follow this technique

We are identifying 2 helpdesk users who will perform all future material loads.

Development team does not have time to deal with all requests

We are trying to eliminate human error

former_member224245
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ned,

In LSMW - go to - Change field mapping and conversion rules - go to field PRCTR and on top there is a button called Constant. You can enter profit center value over there for the materials you want. Later you can change this value to other profit center adn upload materials. This I am telling you a general way. In other way you can taek help of an ABAP who can write two line code which will not overwrite your inputs.

Hope it works.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am aware of this functionality but is not ideal solution.

For example a department send me a populated file to upload.

In some lines the profit Center may be populated.

In some lines it may not be populated.. It is for these lines I don't want to delete a value that may be present and replace with a blank value.

former_member224245
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ned,

In this case take help of an Abaper and he/she will write code. It should behave like this;

If entry is maintained in fiel then replace if not then doesn't. I did this in my past project but unfortunately I don't have any input at this time.