cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - AS81 RAALTD01 Issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am trying to solve this issue for a long bit now, what is happening using LSMW, Program type RAALTD01, batch input, on the input file, which is excel file when I am adding TCODE - AS81, and trying to run. it giving error "Field TCODE should not be supplied with values".

But it work perfect with AS91, now the question is if I dont provide TCODE :- in put file, it gives an error, so I am kind of checking and checking and checkign all the configuration but no clue.

Did anyone face any such issue ?

Thanks

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

It is easy to use recording method rather than program. Different people use different approaches in order to load through LSMW.

If you following the following steps, you should be able to load them.

Maintain Object Attributes

Do the recording - Make sure that you do not have two fields with the similar name. If you have two fields with the same name double click on the field name and add1 or 2 to differentiate between field names. Just Copy those fields and descriptions in excel sheet, delete the blank lines, then in excel

data => text to columns, your field names and descriptions will be now in two columns. Copy them, then put your cursor on the next sheet, then edit => Paste Special => Transpose, all the columns will become your rows. Now your file structure is ready.

Maintain Source Structures

Give some unique structure name and description

Maintain Source Fields

Here you add the fields that are being used in EXCEL first sheet, just copy them and make all the fields as C (Constant) and then give length of 60 for all fields.

Maintain Structure Relations

Though structure relations are already created just go to this step, click on edit, then click on create structure relation, just accept the message stating that the structure relation has already been created.

Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules

Do the field mapping for all the fields, all the fields willl be stretched and you will see five rows against each row. In case if there is any row that has NOT stretched means, there is something wrong in the mapping.

Maintain Fixed Values, Translations, User-Defined Routines

There is nothing to be done at this step. You can simply ignore this.

Specify Files

Make you must have saved your excel file  as .txt (before saving make sure you have copied data from sheet2 to sheet 3 and then sheet 3 is saved at tab delimited file. Text (Tab delimited) Select your file, make SURE that you have select "TABULATOR" radio button and say OK.

Assign Files

Go to this step and click on Create assignment button and accept the message and say ok.

Read Data

Remove two check boxes and just click on execute button. See the log. Make sure you have number of entries (lines) in your excel file are matching with this.

Display Read Data

Display data give 1 to 999 lines and double click on one of the line and see whether fields are mapped correctly are not.

Convert Data

Execute and see the log match the number of entries.

Display Converted Data

Display converted data, give 1 to 999 and double click on one of the line and see whether fields are mapped correctly or not.

Create Batch Input Session

Check on Keep Batch Input sessions check box, then execute. If you select that check box, even after execution it will be there and you can analyze what happened.

Run Batch Input Session (Takes you to SM35)

Go to SM35 select the batch and click on process button (execute), make sure you have checked right hand side first three check boxes and FOREGROUND (because you want to save what it is creating)

Say OK

Keep on press ENTER on your key board in order to move the session further.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I am familiar with recording, and if SAP has provided some setting why not use that, if it works well for AS91, why not AS81, should I open a ticket with SAP ? It seem no body have seen this issue before...

Thanks,

Mark

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am afraid if SAP can do anything about it.

If LSMW is working perfectly with AS91, it also should work with AS81. This is more the problem of how to execute the LSMW rather than the system error. If you please follow the above steps mentioned by me, you should be able to complete the task.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I dont agree to  your statement problem in execution. If  you read the logic written on script RAALTD01, it is treated differently in AS91 and AS81.

Once again, why should I use recording if SAP has given standard feature, if it provided by SAP, it has been tested, why work around of recording.

Recording is a waste of time. You might not have come across this problem so may be you are not sure.

If you can simulate on your testing system, may be you will see issue with AS81 with Standar functioanality.

Appreciate you help

Mark

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

In my experience, SAP give guidance kind of help. However, it is something is not available / to be created etc. they will put it in consulting category.

If you strongly believe this is a bug in the feature provided by SAP, please raise an OSS note with SAP and please let us know the outcome.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Yes that was last hope, I will wait till noon 1:30 pm CST, if no body still reply this query on SDN, I will start writing OSS note to SAP, and let see what is the outcome.

Best,

mark

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Can you provide us the screen shot of LSMW - Maintain source fields (3rd step)?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha, I have attached the screen shot.

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Remove the Transaction code field from Source Fields and save. I can see it in your screen (field no 4).

After that, complete the remaining process

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimhu,

If I remove the TCode field, how SAP will identify, which tcode to call, there are 6 Tcode are supported by Standard script such as AS91, AS92, AS94, AS81, AS82, AS84.

You need to maintain this Field on your excel file which you are uploading, and then from their SAP will look at the raw file field, then source field and target field.

Please let me know if my logic is incorrent.