Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSII - Activity price calculation Cost Centres to Projects

former_member586448
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all

We use activity types in order to re-assign payroll costs from cost centers across various projects, based on external allocation calculations by the business.

We have an upload tool to replicate KB21N, as the number of lines is in the 100s. Cost centers are locked for only postings using activity types for payroll and contractor costs. We use a standard price for each cost center/activity type combination in KP26.

I can't see how to re-value the actual costs for the allocations from the standard price (KP26) to the actual costs incurred. All KSII seems to have done is work out the actual price per cost center/activity type. From my notes it simply tells me KSII should also post a document in order to correct the assignment to the projects at standard price to the newly calculated actual price. I was expecting to find an additional line item for the variance from standard to actual. But this isn't happening.

CON2 and KON2 all seem to work specifically for orders, which aren't involved in our process. I have tried all combinations just in case.

If anyone can advise I would be very grateful.

Kind regards

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member586448
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

so after a bit more hunting, I have in fact found that if I run CJN2 it will post the revaluation from actual to standard. This step was missing from all our business process documents and training.

Perhaps there is a way that KSII also does the revaluation posting when calculating the activity prices, but for now I have found a solution to my problem. Although it hasn't cleared down all cost centres to zero, so I have a little bit more investigation to do there.

Thanks

Diana