Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB21N LSMW error KI101 Controlling area does not exist

yadava
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am processing a batch job(LSMW) for KB21N and I get error KI101 Controlling area does not exist. The controlling area is maintained (VALUE_01 on LSMW file) and the process runs in the foreground but when I execute it in the background I get error KI101. May you please advice on how to correct this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that the CAC parameter is present in your user profile settings (SU3) and in the background user. The SET/GET parameter can also be filled in your interactive session as soon as you enter it once in a transaction (so you mistakenly believe that CAC works?).

• Ask your Abaper to use BAPIs such as AccntgActAlloc.Post (FM BAPI_ACC_ACTIVITY_ALLOC_POST ) and not the BDC (available since 40A).
  • Also ask the Abaper if he has used a popup to pass the control area value to the BDC (some of these popups are considered as F4 and are not always recorded in the SHDB. If Abaper really sticking to the BDC, consider adding the OKKS transaction to the BDC, but you will get problem when reprocessing transactions in error as the OKKS wont be again executed)
yadava
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond

CAC parameter is present in my user profile settings (SU3) ...How do I check the background user (what is the ID for the LSMW background user?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Look with SM35 to BDC logs, backgroud user should be referenced as Authorization (User ID, queue user or creator)
  • With SU01 or SU01D.
Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan,

The message means you are passing an empty value for Controlling Area.

Maybe in a foreground your user has it as a default value.

Regards,

Paulo