Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with VERP material type procurement

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have created PO for VERP material type with account assignment C - sales order . After the GR stock of this material is shown as unrestriced stock but not as Sales Order assigned stock .

As per my understanding this stock must be shown in MB52 report as a Sales order stock.

What will be the reasons ? Please explain

Regards

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the details of Account Assignment Category "C" in OME9, it has Special Stock as Blank. I suggest to use Acct Assmt Cat "M" instead of "C" and check by creating a new PO and GR.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen and Pankaj

Answer to Jurgen's Question - 

Initially stock was zero and I run the PO and GR process and verified in MB52 report

Answer to Pankaj' Question -

I have checked settings of Account assignment - C . It has special stock field is balnk .

I have checked same thing with the other material type and it working fine .

When I take GR for Account assignment sales order - C. No stock is showing in system as Special stock indicator is blank.

But only for VERP this stock is shown as unrestriced . As per our settings it should not be shown in stock .

Please advice

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in OMS2 whether Quantity Update has been activated and Value Update has been deactivted for the material type VERP for the Plant if yes then activate Quantity and Value Update both for the plant and then check a new cycle of PO and GR.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For VERP material type only Quantity update is activated in our system .

Trying the scenario is different thing , I want to know the logic behind this .

Bhushan

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logic is very simple that material type has been marked as non-valuated so it is updating the stock of the material.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I will explain now

Account assignment C - with No special stock indicator in settings

Mat Type VERP - Only Qty update No value update

Mat Type ZPAS  Qty + Value both update in plant

Now I have created PO for both material types with account assignment C . Taken a GR

When I see MB52 report  VERP stock in Unrestricted . But ZPAS stock not shown .

Hope you understand the issue

Bhushan

You may also try the scenario with same settings in your system

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan

I think there is some confusion with the concept of valuated and non-valuated materials.

When a material type has quantity and value update both active is a valuated material type and procurement of such materials against CO object (with acct assmt.) results into consumption posting w/o updating the inventory.

When a material type has quantity update active and value update not active is a non-valuated material type and procurement of such materials becomes mandatory against CO object (with acct assmt.) which results into consumption posting with updating the inventory (quantity).

Hope the concept is clear now.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material type VERP is used for packaging materials and go for creation of PO for materials with
VERP material type with Account Assignment Category M or E but do not use  Account Assignment Category C.

NOTE:
Account Assignment Category M  is used for Make to Stock scenario and Account Assignment Category E used for Make to Order scenario.

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so you see that your 2 material types are differently customized.

VERP is customized as non-valuated material, hence it will always create inventory even you have an account assignemnt

Your ZPAS is quantity and value managed, hence the you will not get regular inventory when you have an account assignment in your PO.

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

No its not the matter .

I have used Account assignment C for both the material types and take GR .

Then for VERP - Stock shown in unrestricted in MB52 with 0 value

for ZPAS - Stock not appear in stock report MB52

I have attached settings of account assignment C .

My question is that why the stock of ZPAS not appear with 0 value  and why VERP stock appear

Regards

Bhushan

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your VERP doesn't have value update, it is updating quantity even with account assignment. if it was having value update, it will not update the quantity in most cases, when there is account assignment. if there is a value, the value is written to the cost object. Since there is no value, nothing can be written to cost object and hence quantity is updated without value.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your system behalfes exact as I had tried to tell you.

VERP is customized an not-value managed but quantity managed, hence you get always quantity even you order with account assignment C, but as it is not value managed you can only see 0 value in MB52.

ZPAS is both quantity and value managed, in this case no quantity is created when you have an account assignment (e.g. C) in the PO , hence you will not see anything in MB52

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

I got your point but is there any business logic behind that or what exactly the concept or practical reason while design such system behavior.

Question is that while explaining the situation to business users its very difficult to convince . Specially those who are in audit.

Surprisingly I did not find any SAP Document on this .

Thanks for help and efforts . Hope you understand the my situation . When you are with business users to demonstrate the system its very difficult to satisfy the user unless we know the logic behind system behavior

JL23
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check IN OME9 tcode in that C account assignment catogory in consumptiom postings option check  "V consumption"

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen

The most relevant OSS Note is  496082- FAQ Account Assignment in Purchasing.

In this note answer of first question explains the issue.

Bhushan

Hi

I checked that note in that note it was mentioned that for nonvaluated sales order stock GL account is determined by GBB key . But I checked it and I found that GL account is updated by key KBS not by GBB .

Can anyone explain  ?

Bhushan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is the nature of a material type UNBW (or others customized like UNBW) that it creates stock despite of an account assginment, as Pankaj Singh already said before

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To clear your confusion, try creating a new PO without entering the account assignment details.

when u do the goods receipt for this PO, you will see the option to enter the storage location and upon GR you will see the PO quantity available in the sloc.

but, when u enter the acc assignment cat, there is no option to enter the sloc during MIGO. The quantity is meant for direct consumption and not subjected to IM.

Regards,

sushant

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are right but why ZPAS material stock is not show in MB52 with 0 value as VERP.

Or in alternate way I can say that why only VERP stock displays ?

What role account assignment categories settings play in stock update .

Is there any logic

Bhushan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually stock is posted to inventory when the account assignment category in the PO is blank.

If there is an account assignment, then the value of the inventory is charged to the specified accouont assignment.

there are many influencing factors. e.g. in customizing of account assginment categories you can define if the stock is consumed or managed as project stock or sales order stock or assett

A further influencing factor, is the definition of quantity and value update. A material type defined for quantity update only requires an account assignment as you do not manage inventory value.

So it is by design updating inventory stock despite of any account assginemnt.

As I do not know your ZPAS settings I cannot tell you why it is differnt to VERP

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Attached here screenshot.

For Material type ZPAS both Qty and Value update is set

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The pictures are not a proof for quantity and value update.

it just tells that you define  quantity and value update by valuation area.

but it does not show how you defined it for your valuation area.

You have to click the folder quantity/value update in the left menu in that screen.

then you can see all your valuation areas, and here you define per valuation area how the quantity and value will be updated.

Compare that for your 2 material types

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen

I  just want to know the system behavior or any settings / configuration that i miss. Anyway I will provide necessary screenshots but it may take some time as I m  busy in some other tasks

bhushan

bhushan_bivalkar
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

While GR, have you entered special stock indicator as "C" next to mvt type "101"?

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you certain that the stock was created based on a receipt which was made in reference to this PO?