cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid numbering in case of reversal document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

We have the following scenario:

1) Document Type BK, which has in OBA7 as Reverse Document Type the same (BK).

2) For specific company, BK uses ODN (official document number) for a relevant branch.

3) As Reverse Document Type is the same as the original, when users reverses a "BK" document through FBRA tcode, the reversed document uses a number of the ODN too, which is not desirable.

Question: what can I do to avoid numbering in case of reversal transaction?

I tryed with substitutions, hoping to replace the OBA7's Reverse Document Type, but substitution doesn't work for reversal operations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukthar, but I would like to perform a solution that only applies for the specific co. code.

Does anyone know if there is some User Exit for Numbering?

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot substitute document type neither can you define reversal document type exclusively for one company code. There is no user-exit you can apply either... I don't quite see the functional reason to have document type for reversal which would be specific for one company code, but nevertheless, in order to achieve this you would have to modify standard algorithm.

Regards,

Eli

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

The simplest way would be to define a new document type and assign it as a reversal doc type.  Additionally, depending on your country specific requirement you do have option to allow ODN only for specific transactions, but that would be an enhancement

Regards

Sanil

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of reverse the document, system will look for reverse document type maintained in OBA7. If you do not define any document type or define same document type for it, then it will reverse with this document type. If you want different document type for reversal, then you have to follow Mr.Kamal suggesstion.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I am aware about suggested by Mr. Kamal, but problem is that I need a different reverse document type only for a specific country. While ODN settings are made by country, settings on OBA7 applies to every defined companies. I think I need a different workaround.

Thanks & Regards

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think it wont impact to other co.codes, if you use reverse document type for all your co.codes.

Regards,

Mukthar

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a new doc type copying from BK and use that to identify separate reverse for that transaction