cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR non-valuated default per document type

0 Kudos

Hello all,
I would like to have "GR Non-Valuated" field checked by default for specific document type (in beginning the standard "NB" but also, later on, maybe other document types as well).

Can you advise on how to configure this in SAP, if possible with screenshots?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Aleksa,

Not questioning why you´d want this behaviour, technically this field depends mainly on the setup of the Account Assignment Category, if you want an item attribute to be dependent on an header attribute than take into account the different procurement of items in one single purchase.

There´s no customizing setting for what you want, an EXIT or BAdI would be needed here.

Best regards,

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor

Can you please explain why you want this behavior? I would highly encourage you not to pursue this. You are esentially using a document type (in the header) to evaluate what happens to a specific line. What's your reasoning behind this if I could ask?

Thanks

We want to have different purchasing categories (internally designed) and explore the possibility of having a separate PO type for each one of them.

Some of them might have GR valuated, but some might not. And therefore, that's why asked whether this can be done on the level of PO type.

Thanks

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor

Like Gonzalo mentioned, this cannot be done in standard SAP. You can't use a header field to determine this behavior at the item level. You could try creating a new account assignment category (I've never had to create one in the past) and (by memory) I think you could assign the acct assignment category to the item category, and then assign the item category to a specific document type.

My current company did something similar to what you're trying to do years ago and now we're going back to using the standard document types. Personal piece of advice: Only create a different document type if you really need to have different configuration for it, do not use it for reporting or to categorize purchases. If you do it you will later be forced to create more PO's than the ones that you actually need instead of creating one PO with multiple items. This might not sound like a big deal - but when you are dealing with large projects, it's regularly easier to have everything on a single PO (specially services)

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To emphasize the importance of always trying hard to use standard document types, even if from a different angle: newer FIORI apps have usage restriction for custom types (has to do with the original design priority on cloud which does not consider custom types at all).

I assume FIORI is the future over GUI.

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gonalo.garcia you just made my day ... We're not in S/4 yet and I've been battling to convince some folks in the business to discontinue the use of custom document types. I didn't know that the new FIORI apps had usage restrictions based on types ! This is great to know - do you happen to have any documentation about it? That would help me finally convince the business that they need to get this done right away.

Thank !

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor

I came to know about this the hard way... when showcasing newer APPs to the users we noticed some random fails, then we realized the pattern was related to the usage of custom attributes like doc types (the mirrored apps for ME21n, MIGO, etc did not fail). The FIORI APP library will not tell you about these detail topics upfront (it´s not black/white), it´s very important (as always) to test everything and not to assume stuff.

Some notes that will get you a picture:

3114959 - PO could not be found in App F0843

2973604 - FIORI app "Manage Purchase Orders": Custom document type not available

2438839 - Post Goods Receipt for Purchase Order with a non Standard Order Type

2580261 - Manage Purchase Orders - document type (maybe SAP has reviewed this behaviour now!)

The FIORI APPs world is a bit tricky adjustment from the GUI, it´s a different beast. Everything seem to have a hidden detail somewhere, for example the FlexWF thing had the below strange restriction which initially SAP said it was working as designed 🙂

Good luck!

0 Kudos

gonalo.garcia yeah, that's one of the issues I am facing. We have a custom PO type that is a copy of the standard FO (framework order) offered by SAP. When I go into "Manage POs" app, I can't seem to create a PO with this document type, I only have "NB" ones displayed. Is there another app that I need to use for POs that are not NB?

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Alexa,

you should be able to process all PO types at least via the "Create Purchase Order" app (the ME21n equivalent).

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PO document type used for procurement process and different PO document types used in business to differentiate different procurement processes but material to be valuated or non-valuated depends on material type along with plant set up in OMS2. In case of GR non-valuated check box to be selected in PO for a PO type you can check with screen variant or any option for development but you need to test end to end scenarios with valuated material and for non-valuated material. Alternately if GR non-valuated check box NOT selected in PO - you can use different movement type to keep GR non-valuated during goods receipt also!