Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full string not showing in crystal reports

JerushaLala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Something weird is happening to a report that we are using. We have 1 field that is a string with varying character lengths. In crystal, it seems the string is cutting off from the 1st space in that string. In Business One, it's the full string. I ran queries on the data and it shows the entire string in Business one and in the hana studio. It is only in crystal that it is cutting off the string.
I am connecting to a calculation view that was built in the HANA studio.

database : abcde 123
Crystal: abcde

database: TRF 5699
Crystal: TRF

I check the report options, and cant seem to find any setting.
Datasource connection:

Any idea on what can cause this?

Thank you,
Jerusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor

The first space is probably a non-printable character causing a new line.
You can use a Replace() function to remove the carriage return ior new line character.
and/or follow Dell's suggestion.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JWiseman
Active Contributor

Hi Jerusha, have you upgraded the HANA client on the computer with Crystal Reports lately, in order to update the HDBODBC driver? If this doesn't address the issue, what HANA field type is it? Perhaps in your query add a new formula to convert that field to a varchar and see how that works vs the original field.

DellSC
Active Contributor

Is the field on the report too narrow to show the whole text? What happens if you turn on "Can Grow" for the field?

Have you tried exporting the report to Excel to see whether the whole value is actually there, just not displayed for some reason?

-Dell

hdolenec
Contributor

Are you sure the field is not some formula that shows only content before first space? Also, if your datasource is command, also check the same in query.

JerushaLala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,
The issue was a change in the DB and it added Carriage return character. I was able to see it when ticked can grow. Thank you all for your help with this.

Much appreciated,
Jerusha