cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field business area field required for GL(company code) 430000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When trying to post the billing document from SD, I am getting the error F5808 'Field Bus. Area is a required field for G/L account XX12 430000'

'The vaule for field "Bus. Area" in the interface to Financial Accounting is an initial value but you are requiered to make an entry in the field selection for G/L account "430000" in company code "XX12" linked to the field selection for posting key "01".'

The SD document has an Internal Order which has the Business Area. The item has the business are filled in both Accounting and Account assigment tabs. However, it is still saying that the business area is required.

The Business Area is set as mandatory in the Field Status Group assign to the account 430000, and I don't want to change that, as we want the business area mandatory.

The account 430000 comes from the Customer Master.

please suggest

regards,

Venki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the field status for that GL account

if business area is mandatory please pass the business area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business area is mandatory but sales order business area not picking in this order.

please suggest

Regards,

Venki

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In FI, the FSG controls the Business area (GSBER).

What is your requirement?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to post the billing document from SD, I am getting the error F5808 'Field Bus. Area is a required field for G/L account XX12 430000'

invoice was created which is not posted in the GL,bcs billing doc generated but not generated accounting doc, I have try to release account doc throught TC VF02 above error coming.

Regards,

Venki

santosh_kavitkar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venki,

Please maintained default Account assignment for Business Area in T code OKB9 for Sales GL Accounts.

Regards,

Santosh

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got your point.

So, the Business area has been kept mandatory for that GL Account.

Either you need to keep that as optional in OBC4.

FS00

Keep the GL Account and press enter.

Go to 3rd tab, Create/bank/interest

Find the Field status group (starts with G001, G002.......tc)

Go to OBC4

Double click on the FSG

Additional Account assignment

Keep Business area optional.

Else, check whether there is place to input Business area in Sales order or Billing document.

Thanks

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh,

I forgot this option, yes we can default the Business area for sales related GL accounts when that is required.

OKB9 is the T code

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

resloved, BA not maintained for plant (particular division)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i feel in the description you have given the most important line is "The account 430000 comes from the Customer Master", that means its a Reconcilliation account for the customer who are creating sales order for.

Now if above is true, following will clarify your doubt:

1. The Account assignment you are doing in the conditions is for Revenue and COGS accounts and not for customer accounts.

2. Business area field needs to be updated in Revenue/Cost accounts not in customer accounts.

3. If as per your req. you need to see which customer bought from which business area you need to apply New G/L accounting with document splitting (talk to a FI person for details.)

Conclusion: You should change business area field from that GL Field status group from req. to optional. As business area is assigned to Revenue/Cost accounts and not customer Recon G/L accounts.