Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ess Webdynpro EHP5 , showing blank page when run from se80 [for India]

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have EHP5 in place and activated the webdynpro ess services. I was able to run the E-seperation applications and a full cycle on it. But when i am trying to run other applications like Form16 , tax simplifier statement and other services like personal profile , i see a blue bar on top of the app with a blank page below.

How to make this work?

Responses appricieated

Regards

sameer   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Could you please check table V_T7XSSPERSUBTYP is having entries for IT0002 in your system for C.G. 40.

Best Regards,

Deepak.

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the issue is resolved , basically the url string did not have the webdynpro application parameter

regards

sameer

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

That I updated you in the message reply 🙂

Best Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Even am facing the same issue and below is the URL am using in creating resource for Tax simplifier statement.

Please let me know if something is missed out.

ROLES://portal_content/GMR_custom_ESS/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_benefits_payment/com.gmr.iv.Income_tax_projection_statement

Regards,

Kamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

ROLES://portal_content/GMR_Custom_ESS/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_benefits_payment/

com.gmr.iv.Income_tax_projection_statement

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the answer given by deepak , it should work.

Regards

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kamala,

Are you with home page framework or you are using Launchpad role???

Regards,

MIthun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Am doing home page frame work and am attaching the resource config screen shot.

Please check if any thing is missed out.

Regards,

Kamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamala,

Then also to confirm make sure that you assign the resources correctly to services and also in turn services to the subarea and area.

Whether you are able to preview the application from the content administration in portal under the custom folder where you the particular iview is available?? and if so make sure the correct PCD path is been copied and pasted in the resource.

And as mentioned by Deepak please check the table whether the below mentioned entries are there in table V_T7XSSPERSUBTYP.

400002B1

As you are in EHP5 better to use launchpad and as you can load both the Webdynpro java and ABAP applications from the launchpad.

Regards,

Mithun K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you check the roles assigned? also did you try launching via Se80 and see how does it work?

ess wd adap check roles via lpd_cust

former_member206403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i have checked the lpd_cust , also tried to run the launch pad from SICF and SE80 , but it shows same  blank , i have SAP ALL role assigned , so i guess there would not be a issue as such .

Also i check ed the note given , i will check few more things given in the note. But by and large  i dont think i am missing any thing. But still the problem exists    

Regards

sameer

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer,

I believe you would be looking for Webdynpro for Java services for those you have

the following way:

1) You can integrate your webdynpro abap applications to homepage

framework customizing. or,

2)You can integrate Webdynpro java services to Launchpad customizing.

You can take decision to choose 1) or 2) based on effort required.

If majority of your services are using webdynpro java technology then

use approach 1) otherwise 2).

Please go through attached note 1450179 for further information.

In this note section; "Deployment Option 3: WD Java-Based ESS on SAP

NetWeaver portal" & "Migration from Existing WD Java-Based ESS to

WD ABAP-Based ESS" are relevant for you.