Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CJ88 for profit center

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Greetings...

We are facing one issue in WBS settlement CJ88. We are getting error "Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled". This error we are getting when settling AUC to Final asset. From WBS to AUC there is no error. We have checked previous postings, and all are posted fo final asset witout errors. Present scenario one difference is there. Customer wants to post to final asset which has different business area from AUC. Here I am unable to understand, why profit center error coming because of business area difference. For your information business area is not mandatory in splitting characteristics. When I change the business area to same as AUC, then settlement is happenning.

I have searched forum also and found not suitable due to below issues:

1. ACSET are activate for WBS also, still error s there.

2. Create AUC asset APC GL as cost element type 90. Here error gone but there is    difference in WBS balance araising because of WBS flowing in         final settlement    entry and client do not want the same.

Please suggest to solve the same

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As there is no other solution, we have proceeded with the cost element creation of AUC asset with 90 category. In this case the WBS balance will become zero after settlement to final asset only.

Thanks to all for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Rajesh

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Adding to the above point, we will not have scenario of different business areas in single document, that is WBS to AUC settlement. Because AUC will be created automatically based and business area will be copied from WBS only.

Regards,

Rajesh

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

This is the first time they are posting with different business areas and getting the error message. There are no previous posted documents. But I have manually posted one document with different business areas in F-02. Below is the screenshot.

Regards,

Rajesh

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

As informed I have checked> Below are the screenshots with scenarios

Scenario 1. In error case where business area is different in AUC and final asset.

WBS to AUC settlement

AUC to Final settlement getting the profit center error

Scenario 2: In no error case where business area is same in AUC and final asset

WBS to AUC settlement

AUC to Final settlement

I am not understanding where the issue is exactly.

Regards,

Rajesh

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

The simulation of Scenario 1 has the same profit center and business area in the screen shot. You need to do a simulation of similarly posted document, where the business areas are different and you are getting the error

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Main asset recon account FSG is optional for profit center.

@ Sanil: I have checked, there are no down payments exist under WBS.

Regards,

Rajesh

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Can you test for already posted similar document, where the system is not able to derive profit center for which GL Account using the T Code FAGL_MIG_SIM_SPL. It will look at the GL Account and existing New GL configuration for document splitting. It should GL Account for which profit center is not getting derived and than check the item category for the GL Account for which profit center is not derived.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

For AUC asset WBS itself the cost object and in WBS profit center is already there. Below is the screeshot

And below is one of the final asset for which error getting

And below is the error in CJ8G

@ Sanil: I have checked the item category and it is 01000. But later I have changed it to 07000.But error still persists. And also there are no down payments exist.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check the main asset recon.account field status for the field profit center?

Regards,

Mukthar

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Did you also check if any downpayment has been booked in which the WBS has been used? If yes, it needs to be settled to AUC first before final settlement.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

In AUC asset there is no CC as it will be created automatically as investment profile configured. And it is also not editable after settlement WBS to AUC. Final asset has the CC and also PC in it.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Rajesh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly am lost..

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the cost Object in your AUC as I believe AUC gets cost Object from WBS so it would  either have profit Centre or Internal order . Can you please IO whether that has PC or not . Can you please paste the screen shot of asset for which you are getting error

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Please check the item category assigned to your APC Account for Final Asset. Has this been set up as 07000 for the same? Also, is there any downpayment which has been booked against the WBS element used in your case. In such a case, it needs to be settled to AUC first and than the final settlement needs to be executed.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Yes, cost enter included in ACSET and also FSG of recon account allows CC. And I have checked in the system also about substitutions and user exits. Everything is normal.

Regards,

Rajesh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really strange

If you have a CC in Final Asset and AUC Asset, + Asset APC account is Statistical CE + ACSET in place, it has to work

May be you have another CO object like WBS, IO in Final asset and it has no PC in it?

I am just thinking out all possibilities.

Ajay M

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Yes, cost center is maintained in Final Asset. As you have suggested, I have created the final asset class recon account as cost element. But the error is still coming. I hope as in WBS to AUC settlement, the profit center not filled in AUC line item in entry view, so it is not picking in final settlement for first item 001. But in previous cases it is picking as the business area is same. I do not understand why if business area is different, profit center error is coming.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think then in this case the option would be to make the business area same as in AUC to that in Fixed Asset and then once the AUC to FA settlement is done to change the business area by using AS02 T-Code.

Regards,

Malhar.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is Cost center included in Acset?

Does field status of recon account allow CC?

Business area can't have impact on PC unless you have some substitution rule in place

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Is Cost Center maintained in the Final Asset Master?

PC flows in from CC, provided you have created APC as Cost Element. So check is Final Asset APC account is a Cost Element or not.. (Not the AUC APC Account)

Br, Ajay M

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any update on the same.

Regards,

Rajesh