cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee data synchronization- which option is better suited in SF?

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I'm looking for some advise related to the employee data synchronization scenario from SAP -> Successfactors. In your experience which of the integration option is better suited from a successfactors view point- Files or webservices(Using SF API)?

SAP provides standard integration content for both file based integration as well as SFAPI based integration. However on the successfactors side are there any huge limitations and/or advantages of one over the other?

PS: I'm aware of the technical dependencies and the limitations that come with both these options. Also we use SAP PI as our middleware, so personally my preference is to use webservices/SF API for this scenario, however I would like evaluate options from a functional person's/successfactors viewpoint.

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

On the SuccessFactors side there is no difference to which is used. The real difference is that file upload is only supported for basic employee data. The other processes all require middleware (PI or HCI).

Best regards,

Luke

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Luke. When you say other processes need middleware, it still means integration using files on the SuccessFactors side isn't it?

Would you know where I can find information about the list of  processes in Successfactors that are supported as files, webservices (SFAPI/ODATA API) or both? Both for platform and LMS?

Regards

Chandra

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When you say other processes need middleware, it still means integration using files on the SuccessFactors side isn't it?

No, I mean the other Talent Hybrid processes (e.g. Compensation process integration and Recruiting process integration).

Would you know where I can find information about the list of  processes in Successfactors that are supported as files, webservices (SFAPI/ODATA API) or both? Both for platform and LMS?

SAP's documentation on Talent Hybrid shows which processes they support. To find out which elements the SFAPI and OData API support then login to an instance and go to the Data Dictionary in Company Settings in Admin Tools.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I was thinking more on the lines of API support from SF for scenarios like position, jobs which are presently available as standard file uploads in SuccessFactors.

Guy_Zoghby
Participant
0 Kudos

You asked, "where I can find information about the list of  processes in Successfactors that are supported as files, webservices (SFAPI/ODATA API) or both? Both for platform and LMS?"

I found the following link very useful:

APIs – SAP Help Portal Page

It includes the SuccessFactors HCM Suite API guides such as:

OData API Programmer's Guide - General programming guidelines

OData API Reference Guide - Entity reference

Learning Web Services OData API Reference

Hope this helps.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Guy. In response to my original question, we did implement the scenarios as batch and hence chose files over webservices to avoid performance issues.

Thank you for the links, I will use them for future references. I see that SF integration is continually evolving with a lot of options available to integrate, and which one you choose depends on the requirement.

Answers (0)