cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each SAP Results Analysis Category can only align with one set of GL Accounts in Posting Rules

0 Kudos

Hi - I have this SAP Results Analysis issue where it seems that for a RA Category like POCS, only one set of GL Accounts can be used is the Posting Rules for Settlement to Accounting. We are unclear why the System chooses POCS as the RA Category for our scenario (see Configuration below). This constrains us because we have two different business scenarios (Unearned Revenue and Capital Contributions) which use a different RA Key (and method) each, but however the standard system seems to use the same POCS RA category to manage the revenue surplus from these two scenarios and so we seem to be stuck with just the same 2 GL accounts (and account descriptions). We need to be able to post to a different combination of GL accounts for each scenario (and RA Key)

I would sincerely appreciate it if you can read through the detail below where I explain our problem and config more carefully and you can perhaps help me from your own experience:

Objective:

Use RA to accrue Capital Contributions received from our Customers as Unearned Revenue until the Project is in status TECO. (Asset is set in Service).

Postings will be as follows:

Customer Invoice Raised for Capital Contribution:

1) Debit Customer

(Credit) - Primary Revenue Account: 400400 Contributions – Cash ***This entry will be posted to the WBS Element that is a Billing Element and has the RA Key – EQL007 assigned.

Payment received from Customer

2) Debit Bank

(Credit) Customer

RA Calculations – only done once Capital Contributions have been received and at end of Project with status TECO)
Start of Project

Debit 400298 - Revenue Offset Accnt Capital Contributions (P&L)

(Credit) 207100 - Unearned revenue capital contributions (Balance Sheet)

RA Calculations – only done once Capital Contributions have been received and at end of Project with status TECO)
End of Project (Reverse the previous posting)

(Credit) 400298 - Revenue Offset Accnt Capital Contributions (P&L)

Debit 207100 - Unearned revenue capital contributions (Balance Sheet)

Our Configuration:

Results Analysis Key EQL007 with Results Analysis method 09 created

We want to use this RA Key and method to manage accounts where revenue surplus is posted to for our Capital Contributions business scenario.

It looks like the use of this RA key in transaction KKA2 posts Revenue Surplus using the GL Accounts specified in the Posting Rules for the POCS RA Category- see below:

Note the GL Accounts the system has used above. This is as a result of the following config of course.

HOWEVER - Our issue is that we also have another RA Key EQL015 that we are using for managing Unearned Revenue for another business scenario and those two accounts 207200 and 400299 are for that for that Scenario.

For our Capital Contributions business scenario, we want the Revenue Surplus to be managed via two other different GL accounts 207100 and 400298. What is the combination of config settings that must be made in order for us to either use POCS RA category with a alternative set of GL accounts, or else to enable our scenario to use an RA category like DNPS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Actually I found an answer to my issue through these two SAP notes 38070 and 67793.