cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I record a downpayment Invoice in SAP? I know how to record downpayment (F-47 & F-48), but in this case vendor sends a separate Invoice for the downpayment.  Please note all the scnearios need to be done via MIRO so that all FI documents are attached to PO history.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Sandeep,

I am not getting the exact requirement here. But the standard SAP process regarding DP is as below.

1. Create and send Purchase Order to the vendor (transaction code ME21n)
  2. Vendor sends DP invoice
  3. The supply function creates a DP request (F-47). This does not generate any accounting document, as the special GL indicator used here is for DP request.
  4. Make payment against the DP invoice. (F-53 , F-58 or F110)
  5. Clear DP request  and DP payment (F-54)
  6. Goods receipt (MIGO)
  7. Vendor sends normal invoice and finance/supply (as applicable) records the same (FB60/MIRO)
  8. Clear Vendor Account (F-44, this clears DP at step 4 with invoice at step 7)
  9. Make balance payment to vendor (F-53 , F-58 or F110)

Hope that helps you!

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad, I think I am missing step No 5 . Clear DP request  and DP payment (F-54)

On F-54 screen under Relevant Invoice what should be the Invoice Number??

Sandeep

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

F-54 is Down Payment clearing not Payment. While given advances to Vendor ,treated as Current assets,which same has to transfer to Sundry creditors once GR happened in SAP.

Rgds

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...thats what I am trying to do ...trasnfer advance to vendor (current asset) to Sundry Creditor.

But I want to do it before GR.

So my question now is - can I do F-54 before MIGO & MIRO. If yes On F-54 screen under Relevant Invoice what should be the Invoice Number??

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You have to do the same after GR ,not before . Do not enter any Invoice number over there ,you can get all invoice numbers output of F-54 where you have to select that invoice and transfer the amount. Invoice number means down payment FI number.

Rgds

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I was doing a dumb mistake...I was entering SGD as currency..where as all my downpayments were in USD..Hence it was not displaying Invoices.

Manikumar & Prasad Garud - Thanks for your help...Marked your answers as correct answers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly is the requirement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement is to post down payment Invoice against a PO. So there are two Invoices - one down payment Invoice before GR and then final Invoice after GR.

1. I tried to use SAP standard SAP down payment functionality F-48 but F-48 Dr AP Downpayment Recon account, where as I want to Cr AP.

2.  I tried to do a partial IR through MIRO, but MIRO forces me to enter a quantity.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs on this question?

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I do not much more idea about to post Down Payment Invoice in Standard SAP. But you could have introduce new scenario as mentioned.

1. Purchase order created and Send to Vendor

2. Vendor send DP Invoice

3. Based on that DP Invoice ,purchase department has to create DP Request and Enter DP Invoice Number as ref.field and suggest to upload the same invoice in F-47 SAP Service objects for future ref.

3. Make Payment against against Request through F-48

4. Subsequent GR > IR > Clearing.

Rgds

ManiSuma