cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MIR4 and FB03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to the community and a young SAP consultant. As I'm fond of SAP's products, I try to learn a lot about those. Therefore, I had a question on the Purchase Process. What is the difference between transactions FB03 and MIR4 ? What I understood is that both of them enables to display an invoice after materials have been received.

I read on a post that FB03 is to display an FI Invoice and MIR4 to display an MM Invoice. But I don't get the point. Does it mean that you can use MIR4 if there has been a Purchase order ? And FB03 in case materials have been received without reference to a Purchase Order ?

Thanks for the replies

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anaïs,

You can use MIR4 to display an MM invoice that created by MM transactions MIRO, MIR7 etc.
If you want to display the follow-on FI document linked to an MM invoice, you need to run FB03.
Actually, you can use FB03 to display all kinds of accounting documents that created directly by FI transaction (e.g. FB60), and follow-on FI document that posted by FI-interface (from SD, MM or other applications).

Hope above information could be of help.

BR, Samson