cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Posting

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are implementing USGAAP as our second ledger( first one is IFRS).Standard SAP doesn't support postings to CO in the second ledger ( at least for fixed asset purposes).

I created a new depreciation area for USGAAP and created additional G/L accounts for it. Now depreciation posting creates two documents one in Leading Ledger and one in Non leading Ledger. Business wants the non leading ledger to have CO postings as well. What is the work around for this?. Should I create a dummy G/L account and post to the cost Center?

Thanks,

Zaid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaid,

AS you said, you have created additional GL accounts for the new USGAAP dep area. Then iclude some expense GL accounts also as depreciation expense posting from USGAAP area and define as cost elemants as well.

Anyway system is creating 2 acc docs right...then the second doc will also post to CO, as per the new expense GL account, that you have assigned to your USGAAP area.

Thanks,

Srinu

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the reply but Standard SAP doesnt support posting of the second ledger to CO. I am trying to come up with a work around for this. Any other suggestions?

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2d/aa1f417849ef23e10000000a155106/content.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its not possible to post to CO for the second area

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you can find a way to pass the cost objects to the non leading leadger at the time of posting. then you just need to write your own reports from the non leading leadger against the cost objects, right? i don't think you want to double post to CO with exactly the same cost object and dalloar amount twice.