Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation amount of prior periods in asset post capitalization

khadim_ansaari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FI-Assets Gurus,

We are capitalizing assets of prior years in current year. I have used the post capitalization feature to cater this scenario. I have tested the scenario at QAS but found that prior year depreciation amount is not being shown in posted values and year comparison tab of asset explorer. in yearly comparison tab, system left the amount of prior year (4.5 year) as ending balance. I want prior years depreciation amount in current period along with normal depreciation. Please guide me in this regard.

snap shots are attached for review and better understanding.

khadim_ansaari
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan Eemans for your prompt response.

It means by post capitalization feature, system will only recalculate depreciation for open fiscal years, for closed fiscal years we have to post the depreciation effect through unplanned depreciation. According to elaborated system behavior, one question again coming in my mind that if system unable to recalculate the depreciation effect of closed fiscal years then why it allowed to enter the capitalized date beyond opened fiscal years??

JonathanEemans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check-out this WIKI including an example: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Basics+of+Asset+Accounting+-+Post-Capitalization+of+an+A...

Best regards,
Jonathan Eemans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JonathanEemans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check-out this blog with an example: https://s4hanacloud.community.sap/blogs/show/Qt6v8KxHiUuu8uZJAaaUBH

Best regards,
Jonathan Eemans

JonathanEemans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've deleted my first answer as I didn't read correctly that you're using post capitalization functionality.

khadim_ansaari
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan Eemans for your share the blog link. i visited the blog and read out the whole. I want the same solution which is explained in the example of the blog information.

Actually, we are running the ECC 6.7 in our organization not s4hanan. I exactly doing the same as guided in blog example but not getting the depreciation effect of previous years.

Answers (0)