cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-link between appropriation request and project

0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of my client is currently using appropriation request to generate project & L1 WBS from appropriation request . Now they do not want to use appropriation request for one company code . System is not allowing to create project using t-code CJ20N . Can anyone please let me know the setting by which I can de-link this & create project directly using t-code CJ20N .

Thanking you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Please check note 2572032 - How to deactivate certain function in menu of CJ20N.
Regards,
Paulo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo ,

Thanks for your reply . The option is disabled on the UI .

Thanking you .

Mohammed

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

There can be multiple reasons why you cannot create a new project in CJ20N directly, the most obvious reason is authorisations. But you are not providing any further information compared to the original question.

I have asked if you get any specific error message, or if the option is simply disabled on the UI.

Thank you,

Paulo

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo ,

Thanks for your reply . Myself or business user can edit the project using t-code CJ20N but can not create a new project directly using t-code CJ20N . As per current system , measures ( project) is created from appropriation request . Need to have an option to create a project directly using t-code CJ20N for one company code .

Thanking you .

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

If business user simply cannot open Project Builder it must be an authorization topic. Otherwise share the specific error message once trying to create a project directly in CJ20N.

Standard system would not lock you out from a possibility to create a project directly without AR.
Please check if anything is there in the validation routine.

Regards,

Paulo

Ken_Melching
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check the Budget Profile assigned to the project. If there is a Program Type Budget assigned under the Investment Management area the project has to be assigned to an Investment Program.