cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Code list

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one tell me how to create Dynamic code list in SAP S4 HANA CLOUD(  In App Extensibility ).

Thanks

Kapil Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marco_Valencia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

kapiljain01 great question. and thanks Marco for pointing out the possibility with CBO in-app extensibility option.

i have tried this earlier, and i guess Kapil jain want to define a list of values for an existing field or custom field in any entity, and he wants to maintain dynamically as well ?

Custom business object as Marco described, one can maintain a table, with all possible values, and exposing this as CDS, will let you use this CDS view in your application (like side-by-side extensibility) ,but for in-app inside the entity like Sales document, on a custom field - i do not see any such reference to the cds or cbo directly to configure. But one can leverage this CBO. via cds view or direcctly in any custom logic (just additional info).

Thanks

Sampath Ramanujam

0 Kudos

I checked this earlier... Here also we are keeping some values by default in the custom code list.. I need to pull may be from CDS.

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath

You can create a custom business object with the data you want. Then when you create a custom field, you can set the custom field type to "Association to Business Object" and then select your CBO. Now, when you add this custom field to the UI the user will get a pick list and can view all CBO data for the field selection. I will try to publish a blog on this topic over the next day or two.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Marty

0 Kudos

Yes.. It should not be like we need to maintain that list or we are updating it manually.

0 Kudos

Is there any way to populate data into custom code list programatically from tables/ cds views.

mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, i would like to know if there is a way to create values list using CDS view as data source. We are trying to do this for a CBO field using a custom value list (search help) but this one should be populated from standard values like we have for standard CDS view. To be honest, SAP must allows us to attach CDS view as "Associated to business object". Why not?

Answers (0)