Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Custom Subtype to a Standard Infotype

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would it be possible to create a custom subtype to a standard info type. I understand we can enhance a standard info type and its subtype by adding customer specific fields. But the requirement here is to create a custom subtype that uses the standard fields available in the other sub screens of the info type. Would highly appreciate if some one can throw some light on this.

To be more specific trying to create custom sub type for info type 0424 (Work Stopped).

Cheers!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please create your custom subtypes in table V_T591A for infotype 0424.

Thanks

Ravikumar

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

That I have done. But how do I assign a sub screen to be called for this sub type and ensure that this sub screen contains the standard fields that are already available on the default screen for this info type. Do I need to assign a sub screen some where, because with out this assignment the transaction actually goes for a dump after i select the subtype and click on create.

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

First maintain feature P0424 with the help of tcode pe03

Enter different numbers according to different subtypes.

And in table T588M for MP042400 you will do the configuration.

Module pool will be MP042400

Feature will be P0424

Variable key will be the numbers maintained in feature P0424

Then you can define standart and alternative screens.

Regards;

Okan.

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Okan,

But assigning a feature is a second step after creating the subtype. First step is to assign a screen to the new sub type that has been created. As stated earlier the when I try to select the new sub type the system goes for a short dump. So the question is how do I create a linkage between the new subtype and its corresponding screen.

I have done as stated above by you but that does not seem to be helping. Appreciate if you can elaborate what you have suggested above. As such the system does not help to create new screens to the porgram MP042400 which is in SAP name space. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong here

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid that you have got it wrong. Because you can not assign a screen to subtype when you define the subtype in table V_T591A

How did you create the new wage type in V_T591A and assign different screen?

Regards;

Okan