cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting selected planned orders to purchase requisition + Search function in MD16

0 Kudos

Team,

I have a 15 page MD16 report of materials with open planned orders. I have a couple of questions.

• Do we have a search function to find a particular material? Scrolling the list to find the material to process PR takes time.
  • Do we have any function to change layout of MD16 to display material description as the current layout shows only the material numbers.
  • I download the report to excel and shortlist the select list of materials that i need to convert to PR. Can the conversion be done only for these materials?

I have attached a screenshot of my MD16 layout.

https://gofile.io/d/FM41gz

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Shiv

former_member27
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change the main tag to the relevant topic so the right people will help you.

The Community tag is not related and won't help.

Regards,

Dedi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello shivakumar.babu0

You can also use the following:

• transaction MD15 to collectively convert planned orders into purchase requisitions; here the selection criteria are similar to MD16
  • report RMCVPLRQ to collectively convert planned orders into purchase requisitions for a range of material numbers

Material description is available in both MD15 and MD16. It's in the second column which by default has zero width that makes it invisible. You just need to make it visible by adjusting table control setting - see SAP Help Adjusting Table Controls

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Thank you for the insight. Material description was hidden and I made it visible following your suggestion.

Is there a way that I could use the sort function to sort the materials by description so i can process planned orders for a particular material at once " ex O-Rings".

Thanks in advance,

Shiv

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hello,

In MD16 you have an option to select planned orders based on material and plant

which will reduce the number of planned orders also you can use End selection date to reduce the order count.

Also you can USE MD04 for Converting selected planned orders to purchase requisition

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion Brahmankar. Appreciate it.

MD04 converts planned order to PR one material at a time. Was looking for a transaction where I key in 50 materials with open planned orders, execute and they are converted to corresponding PRs.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hello,

As an expert Dominik suggested for collective conversion of planned orders into purchase requisitions in the background use Transaction MDUM, report RMCVPLRQ here you have material as well as To opening date at plant level.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello shivakumar.babu0

MD15/MD16 sort function sorts planned orders by the field where the cursor is positioned. However sorting by material description is not implemented but you can sort by material number.

The sorting is implemented with SORT_PLANNED_ORDERS form routine in MM61PF95 include. It'd quite easy to implement additional sort criteria. There is even an enhancement-section to do this.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski