Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complicated Free goods scenario for Beverage

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

These are scenario for F&B business - mostly they have complicated promotion on free gifts which I think SAP standard cannot cover it. If any of you has the similar cases, please share how you handle it, thanks.

1. Buy soda water size 10 oz regardless of soda taste for 1 pack (1 pack consist of 24 bottles) then get 1 bottle free.

2. Buy soda water size 10 oz regardless of soda taste for 1 pack, then get 1 bottle free - maximum at 2 sets.

3. Buy soda water either size 10 oz or 15 oz for 1 pack, get 1 bottle of 10 oz free

4. Buy soda water regardless of soda taste as set i.e. for every 36 packs of combine size 10 oz, 15 oz and 1 lt - get free items of 10 oz/15 oz for 2 bottles per pack and free item of 1lt for 1 bottle per pack

5. Similar to 4 with additional condition that 1 soda taste must be more than 50% - for example, it must be coke at least 50%

6. Sales quota - Buy 1 pack, get 1 bottle free - maximum 100 bottles for each customer

Please kindly share your experience or ideas. Thank you

Chanchana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanchana,

Can you think of using BOM to offer free goods with different materials the way you want.

BOM are used pretty extensively when you want to give different items as free for a single item, since this can't be directly met by standard free goods procedure.

regards

Sadhu Kishore

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks - I knew, I tried it already both BOM and Material Substitution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor & Chanchana,

Free goods is not possible using BOM.

Check this link FYI

[Free goods|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/FreeGoodsDetermination]

Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion).

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The idea when I say BOM is not directly use it in standard free goods functionality but just use BOM.

You can charge the Parent Items and offer the rest for free. You can play around as per requirements configuring the item cat determination, derive the item cat you want, make the appropriate settings on it and offer free of cost items.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with kishore.. Most of the times when I see these kind of scenarios in Free goods, ppl will start comparing with BOM & Free goods instead of addressing the requirement. where the consultant final goal is to serve the requirement of the client in the buisiness process.

My point of view:

If Customer wants to pay only for "A" and wants to get the products "B" & "C" as free (Which is not possible in Free goods). Then configuring the Same product "A" as main item and B&C as sub items. (customer will pay only for A but not for B&C and still customer get the all the products at the price of "A").

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chanchana,

I had a similar problem while configuring Free goods in Ceramic Industry(Sanitaryware division).

For Eg: In the case of wash-basins, basins of different colors are defined as different materials, an the requirement was to

2 Black & 2 red = 1 tap free

or

1 red, 1 white & 1 black = 2 taps free.

We did a lot of R&D considering std SAP free goods scenario, out of which I can conclude the following:

1) Std SAP allows only 1 + 1(Same material, inclusive) or 1 + 1(different material, exclusive) to be configured as free goods.

In your case if the main material and the free goods are defined as two different materials and there is no 3rd material coming into picture only then free goods config will work.

For Eg: For 10qty Material A, 1 qty of material A free - possible

For 10qty of material A, 1qty of material B free - possible

For 10qty of Material A, 5 qty of Material B, 1qty of Material C free- not possible in std SAP.

You can convince this to your client, but if they still insist on having the same, you will have to develop a custom 'Z' application which will control the same. However, the same might turn out to be very complex, since pricing, COGS of the free material has to be taken care of along with a lot of other factors. Also the delivery and billing has to go through std SAP, mapping of which will be complex again.

All the best.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Iyer on Sep 20, 2010 10:17 AM

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for your answer - it help confirms my understanding about Free goods in standard.

So I guess either I convince customer to use retail else lot of enhancement has to be done.

Regards,

Chanchana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, you got it !!

Kindly close the thread in case your query is resolved.

Regards,

Amit