Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check on payment terms in supplier master data

Massi_Merc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP expert,

our customer raised a requirement to check payment terms in supplier master data. In the specific case, they would like to set-up an approval workflow in case original payment terms are changed from e.g. 60 days end of month to 30 days end of month.

Any approval workflow have to be triggered in case new payment terms are more accomodating for the company (e.g 90 days end of month).

How is it possible to meet this requirement in SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud? We evaluated the functionality of dual control, considering payment terms as a "sensitive" field but in this case the check would be always triggered (it's not an approval workflow) both if new payment terms are convenient or not for the company.

I hope the requirement is clear.

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello massimer.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Master Data" for this question, as Supplier Master Data is a Cross Master Data.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BobShen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If i understand clearly, the purpose of checking payment term is to make sure the right payment term can be used in invoice verification(for example: miro)

What I am thinking is the following two steps

Step 1. Use IAM to restrict the authorization for certain user to make sure only valid users can maintain/update payment terms.so it can prevent everyone can touch the master data of payment terms in business partners;

Step 2. use custom logic to verify/check the payment terms, can check the answer in the link https://answers.sap.com/questions/13939086/badi-mrm-check-invoice-cloud-with-check-on-supplie.html?c...

Eric_Yu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Answers (0)