Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic value Variant configuration value

salalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the sales order VC, I want to copy the value of a characteristic from the header material to item material.

1) I created 2 KMAT material ZKMAT1 and ZKMAT2.

2) config profile ZCPKMAT1 is assigned in the config profile of material ZKMAT1 and ZCPKMAT2 in ZKMAT2.

3) Both profiles are maintained with single level BOM exp. and application as SD01 (Refer the screenshot)

2) A class ZCLASS is created with characteristic ZCT_QTY is assigned with Data type NUM and without maintaining anything in "values" and "additional data" tab.

3) Same class is assigned in both ZKMAT1 and ZKMAT2.

4) Material 1000 (as a parent material) is created with config profile ZKMAT1

Material 2000 (as an item material) is created with config profile ZKMAT2

5) Super BOM is maintained for ZKMAT1 with item material 2000 in it and material 1000 is linked with the super BOM

6) Dependency ZCOPY_QTY is created with dependency type "Procedure" with below syntax and assigned to ZKMAT2

$set_default($self,ZCT_QTY, $parent.ZCT_QTY)

also tried with

set_default($self,ZCT_QTY, $root.ZCT_QTY)

7) Sales order is created with material 1000 and VC screen appeared with characteristic ZCT_QTY and I entered the value 25 for example.

The expectation is value 25 shall be copied into the VC screen of material 2000 through dependency. But it is not copying. Can you help to know what mistake I am making. Do I need to use the dependency Net or syntax is incorrect ?

Thank you.

former_member39802
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Maybe I'll try to make my question short.

I have a 'parent' material and the item material is maintained in the sales order BOM created using usage 5. Both materials have a different class but with one common characteristic for e.g. CHAR1. While creating a sales order, I am inserting a value in the characteristic (CHAR1) of a header material and I want to copy the same value automatically in the characteristic (CHAR1) of an item material.
The procedure is created with the function $SELF.CHAR1 = $PARENT.CHAR1 and it is assigned in the config profile of an Item material. The structure scope in the item category of Header material is B and for item material is Blank.

So the question is, is it possible to copy the value maintained in the characteristic of header material to an item material with the procedure mentioned above?

Thank you in advance for your help. Note - I had referred to your earlier post but in my case it is not working. The only difference is I am using the BOM application SD01 and not PP01.
https://answers.sap.com/questions/11979757/copying-characteristic-values-automatically-from-c.htmlRe...
former_member39802
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sorry the incorrect link was added hence posting the correct link.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/11979757/copying-characteristic-values-automatically-from-c.html

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ritz
Active Contributor

Hi,

I haven't gone through your entire setup but as a test try to add a inheritance procedure something like below for passing value between levels

$PATRENT.ZCT_QTY = $SELF.ZCT_QTY

check syntax and try.

Thanks

RD

Diego_Concha
Explorer
0 Kudos

If the second material (ZKMAT2) is configurable, try to use a profile with multi level BOM exp. for ZKMAT1 material.

salalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego, I tried with that option too but its not working. I have a doubt that this issue is coming due to the upgrade of HANA system. I had logged an incident with SAP and waiting for the response.

salalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Ritesh for the reply.

I want it other way round to copy the value of parent to self

$SELF.ZCT_QTY = $PARENT.ZCT_QTY

I.e., copying the value of header material 1000 characteristic ZCT_QTY to 2000 material characteristic ZCT_QTY.

But that is not working.