cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture Overtime Using IT2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I would like capture the Overtime through 2010, we use Negative TM, so no attendance.

Issues in detail: Actually the HR End user will get the Overtime hours from various sources like email, hard copy... The hr will update 2010 with the number of hours and subsequently, the payroll activities will take place. The client would like to give users the provision to update their hours through ESS portal, approval and the data i.e. number of hours should be saved at IT2010 table. And the payroll continues.

Basically the client want to ease the HR end users tedious work of updating the numbers.

Please help 🙂

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In above case we have only one option that is Employee uploading the overtime via ESS and those entries will be approved and saved in PA2010 table.

- Work flow should be setup for the following process so that it will reduce the burden to the user to upload the documents.

- In portal the employee have to upload the OT hours and should upload the documents of proof and send it to approval.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you assigned your user id to any Personal number to view the profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sikindar, yeah that's exactly what my concern is, as per you, i believe with the help of work flow consultant and an ABAPer we can achieve this, i was confused with the fact that system will not allow to upload OT unless you have the full 8 hours working.

Regards

Raghu

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Can have logic get written in the code to pop of an error in case of any validation while uploading OT hours.

Ex :- There should not be any OT uploaded in the system if employee is on leave on day he uploads OT in the system , we need to keep certain checks , Please build a FS on the follows understand negative and positive testing on the following and discuss with client. So that you can avoid Process oriented issues before configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, Thanks for the input, But could you help me in resolving the issue that i am facing while trying to input number of hours. I click on Recording the working hours and i get the below error message. Please suggest the configuration to get the calendar view to select the day and hours.

::000 - Display Help Error      The profile in use has 65 columns. A maximum of 40 columns are allowed Display Message Log Error Details Technical ExceptionTechnical Exception not available Error DescriptionI::000. Additional Information
sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the screen shot one more time , I am not able to view the screens clearly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check capture.jpg

I was also thinking about a webdynpro program to be developed to replicate IT2010 and update the table upon approval.

Please suggest

Thanks,

Raghu