cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call transaction VK11

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I capture the condition record number in KONP that was created after using call transaction VK11?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of call transaction VK11..Try calling the BAPI BAPI_PRICES_CONDITIONS..I think it will return the condition number..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

GET PARAMETER ID 'VKS' FIELD V_KSCHL. This breaks back the condition type not the condition record number.

The message table after the call transaction did not have the condition number information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janet

Please see my reply above.

Kind Regards

Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

After you create condition record thru VK11 an entry gets created in table A004 with the condition type,sales org,Dist Channel ,material , Validity end and start date.You can get Conditon number with this selection criteria from this table and this conditon record no is also available in table KONP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janet

I doubt if condition record number is returned after succesful creation of one using the technique of catching from messages tab.

Can we know the reason behind extraction of condition record number after successful creation. I guess that can help to advice if there are any other alternatives in acheiving the same.

Just seen your mesg, so it is what i doubted about. Maybe one alternative i can propose is catching the time before & after calling the transaction and extracting the details by Change Documents. That would definetely help.

Kind Regards

Eswar

Message was edited by: Eswar Rao Boddeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eswar,

The application is an inbound interface of new condition records. I wanted to include the condition number in a report to make it easier for the user to look at the record created if there was any problem. It would be easy then to reconcile the record in the input file with the record created in KONP.

Thank you for your analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janet

Glad could understand your problem.

For the same kind of problem, we had activated change pointers for message type COND_A and extract the details.

We transmit the data again to external systems on a daily basis.

However our requirement is to track all the changes made. So by using the change documents, we extract the ones created, changed or marked for deletion. This will track condition records altered via interface or even online manually.

Basing on your requirement, can filter the details after extraction.

Kind Regards

Eswar

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have called the transaction using a bdc,

then you can use the messages table that is usually returned by the call transaction.

call transaction 'VK11' USING IT_BDCDATA MESSAGES INTO IT_MESSAGES...

LOOP AT IT_MESSAGES.

CALL FUNCTION 'FORMAT_MESSAGE'

ENDLOOP.

OR ELSE,

YOU CAN USE

GET PARAMETER ID STATEMENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CALL TO THE TRANSACTION.

GET PARAMETER ID 'VKS' FIELD V_KSCHL.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use call transaction ,if transaction is successful ,then message table should have success message with relevent object number in message text.

If you read message ,then message's first parameter generally gives condition no.

This is what happens in normal BDC execution.

Thanks.

Mark points if helpful.

Message was edited by: Rushali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am only getting the message 'Condition record saved' in the message table without any parameters (i.e. the condition record number).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you will not get the condition numbers when creating through VK11..

You might have to select the Condition table to get the condition number..

ANyway check the messages internal table that you got after calling the transaction..

Thanks,

Naren