Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Distribution from different Position ID's for the same WBS

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to allocate the Original Budget from one Position ID to WBS and supplement Budget from another Position ID to the same WBS.

Currently we are creating the Original AR against the WBS with One Position ID and allocate the budget to the WBS, now we need to raise another AR and linking the same to the Original AR but this time the Position ID is changed and we need the budget to be distributed from the new position id to the same WBS

Is there any way to meet this requirement through standard or customization

Thanks and Regards

Simon Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Theoretically it sounds possible, but as it is quite a rare scenario you would need to customise a proof of concept.

Please note that for the assignment to multiple IM positions the system will require to maintain percentages that overall totals to 100.

Maybe you should consider another AR type for supplements and have a characteristic(s) within AR master data instead.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the revert,

I tried creating the scenario by creating a new AR type, but the problem which i am facing is the WBS which is assigned to my Original AR cannot be assigned again to the Supplement AR type as it shows an error that "WBS is already assigned to the AR" and thus i cannot distribute to the WBS from the new position id in IM52.

Probably if i am able to suppress this error this error "WBS is already assigned to the AR" then it might allow but not sure the long term implication

Please let me know your views and any other way to achieve the requisite solution

Thanks and Regards

Simon Walter

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You definitely need a Sandbox to prototype from scratch, ideally if you deal with a greenfield situation, any "brownfield" design would be way more complex to implement. It has been a while ago I worked with AR myself, means I would also need to prototype...

As alternative to address your latest issue, same AR can hold multiple planning variants, means even the same AR can serve to track full history of budget allocation. Once specific Variant is approved, others are automatically rejected, but you can roll back on the status and resubmit for the approval workflow any new variant.

Regards,

Paulo