Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank cost center for result A in PCP0 in case of retro

ralitsahayman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In a payroll posting document, associated with a calculated retro payroll period, I can see that the new result (Indicator A) for a past (recalculated), no cost center is shown:

Due to this blank value, the cost center is replaced by the current cost center in IT0001 - 94600:

This leads to incorrect balances of the cost centers on FI side - currently in case of retro, all the re-calculated amounts are credited from the old cost center and debited to the current (valid for the in-period) cost center and manual reposting is needed on FI side to correct the inconsistency.

As I understand this is not the standard SAP behavior - in case of retro, the new result for a past payroll period should be posted to the old cost center, given that it is open for postings. The old cost center in our case is not blocked, nor deleted and there are no error messages for it in the posting document, only informational and warning message for the replacement:

There are no substitutions set on FI side and there are no specific records in employee master data which are associated with different cost objects (orders, wbs, etc.)

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ralitsa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I recommend

1) To check any "cost center" changes occurred in the past period from HR side (like any transfers/change in position/org unit/company code etc which leads to "blank" out the cost center). Check the WPBP tables of original payroll result & currently processed payroll result of those retro periods.

2) Also check from the FICO side, any changes in those cost center was done like structural changes or any other attributes. This can only be explained by FICO team.

Your payroll retro goes to 4 years back (year 2018), by assuming you are in year 2022.

As you stated, those cost centers are "open" for posting now, but the "period" is not open for doing such posting. If only amount changes, then SAP tries to re-post with those old cost center. But in your case, it looks like the cost assignment itself changed from the retro.

Is this happening for specific case or you face this every month?

ralitsahayman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the ideas and quick posting!

Firstly, the client has a process for creating bonuses (in IT0015) retroactively for a quarterly/yearly period back which triggers retroactive accounting. It happens that during these periods employee has changed cost center in IT0001. In every such case, the issue is observed.

What can be noticed is that they are making the change with creating new relationship on position level IT1001 (with effect on IT0001 of the employee) without creating new action in IT0000 record.

It happens no matter of the period - the test case presented is from 2018 but it is noticed also for more recent periods. It also happens with any employee who has changed cost center for that period.

WPBP seems correct - the original result for 01'2018 shows the right old cost center - 94000:

The current payroll result for the same period shows the same (old cost center) - 94000:

Concerning the actual posting, both cost centers are open for posting in current period 06'2022 when the posting is attempted. In my view the issue is in the determination itself. It is not even trying to make any posting to the old cost center, it seems it is not detected during posting - it is blank and because of that, it is replaced by the current master cost center available in IT0001.

On FI side, there seems to be no changes in the cost centers for this period.

Best regards,

Ralitsa

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, You will be knowing your system better than me.

I would recommend to replicate this scenario in a test system and try with configuring substitution cost center in table TKA3G (which is available in the spro->payroll -> Posting to accounting -> Activities in FI system. This can be then reposted with correct cost center later.

Please also check in PA20 screen of those infotypes 0001 and how the cost center is displayed for current & old period. I also suspect, there may be some integration issue with OM & PA during those old periods.

ralitsahayman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you! I appreciate your involvement!

I will make these checks.

Best regards,
Ralitsa