cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank account length in Vendor master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Gurus,

my maintains Bank account in the vendor master. its length is 18 digits, But for china we req to maintain 20 digits. So i searched SAP notes regarding this it gave soln like Maintian 1st 18 digits in Bank Account no and rest of fields in Bank ref field but problem is client is maintaining some diff data in that field. so we want diff solution for this. their is other solution to maintain 2 digits in bank key control field . but it is not working is their another solution for this????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction OY17- and then increase the bank account number length for Country China (CN) here.

The bank account number for China can be longer than 18 characters and may contain hyphens. The first part (up to the first '-') of the bank account number is to be entered in the 'Bank key' field and the remaining part in the 'Bank account number' field.

Example 1: 079629-04122604361 (Bank account number)

079629 in the 'Bank key' field

04122604361 in the 'Bank account number' field

Example 2: 045-0130072-45 (Bank account number)

045 in the 'Bank key' field

0130072-45 in the 'Bank account number' field

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks gaurav...

but client is using DME file to upload in to bank. there this bank account no will not appear. CLient want full bank account no to appear in this file. if we maintain ref field for remaining digit system is giving combination on bank account no and ref field at bank account no. but due to client using ref field for diff purpose we cant use SAP's this solution. remianing is only bank control key field . how we can use this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use the "Bank Key" and "Bank Account Number" field to store the bank account number as mentioned in my last post.

You do not need to use reference field or control key field.

For DME file, use the field FPAYH-ZBNKN which is 35 character long and if it is not having full value, then you can use the user exit option to have the full bank account number from the fields "Bank Key" and "Bank Account Number".

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain it in detail??

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont need user exit. As you are using DME, you can concatenate two fields into one. Select the field that you defined for the Bank Account and in its properties, add Bank Key and Bank Number. Now when the file is generated, it will show the concatenated value.

I'm not near the system now, so I cant exactly tell you where you should do this. But you can easily find it out yourself.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have the same issue

Description: China Vendor Master Team is facing issue while entering Bank Account number (more than 18 digits). They are entering first 18 digits in field  REGUH-ZBNKN (bank account number) and next 4 digits in  REGUH-BKREF (reference).  Since the first 18 digits are same system throwing up an error Bank details have been duplicated. 

Could you please let me know the solution.

Regards,

Santhi

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is late but could help some one.

Bank account numbers have to be unique.  So you should maintain the last 18 digits in the Bank account number field and the rest (first 4 digits) in the Reference field.  You can concatenate in the correct order.

Ravi.