I am facing the following issue: I would like to implement budget control for ongoing projects that are not yet completed (i.e., AUC) to ensure that the budget is not exceeded. My current plan is as follows:
1. Creation of an internal order.
2. Allocation of the budget amount in the created internal order.
3. Creation of an Asset Under Construction (AUC).
4. Creation of a purchase requisition or purchase order (PO) with A account assignment.
5. Attempt to create a PO with an amount exceeding the budget limit.
6. Final settlement of the AUC to the ultimate asset value.
With this approach, it should be possible to perform budget control through an internal order (with an error if attempting to exceed the budget). Alternatively, one could use WBS for this purpose, but I wanted to verify this procedure first.
However, I do not understand how to implement budget control similar to an internal order when booking the AUC directly to the target account instead of as an internal order. Is it even possible to conduct such control without an internal order? If yes, what would be the procedure?
Thank you in advance for the helf
it should be possible by assigning a statistical internal order to the AUC and the purchasing document have both in the account assignment
have a look at this blog