cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Master - Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP IS Retail, where is the Profit Center assigned to an Article in the Article Master??

Regards,

Sangeeta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

In Article Master or Material Master, You can assign profit center to in Costing 1 tab.

Before assiging profit center, check whether it is created in T.code KE51.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Assign points if useful.

Regards

Sridhar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Article Master you have only 8 views:

1) Basic Data

2) Listing

3) Purchasing

4) Sales

5) Logistics: Distribution Center

6) Logistics: Store

7) POS

😎 Classification

There is no Costing Tab. Does that mean that the profit centre will have to be keyed in every time a purchase requisition is raised for the article?

Regards,

Sangeeta

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Go to T.code MM01 - Create Material, give the Material no,Industrail Sector,Material Type and click on select views, you will able to see Costing Tab.Material Master will extend the costing tab.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Assign points if useful.

Regards

Sridhar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sridhar,

Thanks!!

When I went through MM01, it didnt give me a Costing View, but 2 Accounting Views. Those didn't help either, but I could enter the Profit Center in the 'Site data / Stor 2' view.

I guess in the Manufacturing scenario, Profit Center is assigned to Material @ Material-Plant Combination

& in the Retail scenario, Profit Center is assigned to Article @ Article-Site Combination.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

even though it is retail but u should creat compulsory material is it correct then u ask MM CONSULTANT give the coting view screen usin OMS2 based on ur valuvastion class they will assign that screen. plz clarefy with ur MM CONSULTANT

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you have found the answer as this is a very old thread. I just happened to look at this thread and found that it is still open.

In SAP Retail Profit Center is attached to Site and not Material/Article. In Site Master generally the Profit Center is assigned in one of the address field and using Validation and Substitution User Exit this is picked at the time of transaction.

In SAP Retail One site/DC is assigned to one Profit Center.

Please confirm if this helps.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha

Profit Centre can be assinged in Article Master Change Mode (MM42)

Go to DC Tab, choose other logitics data, and u will find Profit centre in Genral Site Parameter Subscreen.

Pl ensure Profit Centre is already been created using KE51.

Award points if useful.

Regards

Bala.