cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Message Inbox Gets Freezed

0 Kudos

Hi SAP B1 Experts,

There is an issue with only one of 50+ users using SAP Business One 2007A (SP01:PL08). A user suddenly stopped receiving alert messages in his Inbox, however; other users are receiving their relevant messages normally. In fact this user has got over 2500 messages in his inbox, other users keep deleting unnecessary messages from their inbox but this specific user could not delete his messages for the last couple of months.

Whenever I push 'Message/Alert Overview' icon on the application, the pop-up window does not appear for this specific user only. I have also tried another alternative by unticking "Active" and then updated, & ticked "Active" and updated on "Alert Management" window as well.

FYI: I follow the instuctions from SAP i.e. not to delete records/messages at the SQL backend because of data integrity.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Akbar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I managed to resolve this issue at my end. The window was getting hidden, which has been reactivated through enabling 'Cascade' facility.

Thanks

Akbar

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akar,

If you got the answer, please close this thread.

It may be save time for our experts....

Hope you understand.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaajan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akbar,

Because your have 50+ users, I believe your alert tables could be too big to cause such trouble.

Could you run a simple query:

SELECT count(*) from oalr

Also

SELECT count(*) from oaib

SELECT count(*) from oaob

What are the results?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akbar,

It may be the User authorization , kindly check whether you have give full authorization for that user

Regards,

Shanmugam V.