Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/retrieve serial numbers from an existing draft delivery

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I read some topics considering several issues regarding the serial numbers like:

• You should use existing serial/batch numbers for this document type
  • Cannot add row without complete selection of batch / serial numbers

However I did not find a solution for my problem.

What I want to realize is as follows:

1. We use draft delivery documents for creating all our documentation regarding our shipment etc.
  2. Serial numbers will be scanned during collecting all goods from the draft delivery document
  3. After everything is scanned, these serial numbers need to be attached to the draft document.
    Note: the serial number is not yet known by SAP.

• How can I retrieve the serial numbers which are already stored on the draft delivery?
  • And how can I add serial numbers to the draft delivery even when their not known in SAP? Regarding the issue: "You should use existing serial/batch numbers for this document type"

The setting I use is: On Release Only and Select Unique Serial Numbers is set to none

I hope anyone know of this would be possible.

Kind regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Serial numbers can be added to draft documents, whatever kind of document it is: just add an item, a quantity and right-click the mouse while the cursor is still in the quantity column.

In the contextual menu choose the option Serial/batch numbers.

What is interesting with this process, is that numbers will be reserved for this document and when finally posted, affectations will follow.

But, the condition is that SBO knows the serial/batch numbers...

This can also be done from the DI (use the SerialNumbers or BatchNumbers object from the document_Lines object).

Regards,

Eric

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply.

Correct me if i'm wrong however creating a draft document through the DI API does not require known serial/batch numbers however updating a draft requires it though.

Kind regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Kieboom,

As long as you want to use SBO mechanism to reserv B/S numbers, they have to exist (so to be known) by SBO.

But since you're dealing with a draft document you can add (reserve) them only when they're know, but before posting the document.

Besides this, I don't know exactly where is your issue... B/S number are identified by several number and can have properties. You always can (should) say that they are identified by an internal number, whi is a sequential and for this:

• has no signification,
  • Can be created at anytime,

And fill the real properties ONLY when you have the real numbers...

Regards,

Eric

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Sorry that it took so long for replying.

Currently I'm figuring out what would be the best solution in our case.

The serialnumbers are created in our production test systems. We don't know these numbers actually in SAP. However perhaps I could add those serialnumbers from the test systems on a hourly base into SAP so that reserving them to the draft delivery will be possible.

What you suggest is that SAP will create automatic serialnumbers and that I need to update those created numbers with my serialnumber that will be scanned with a barcode device is that correct?

Kind regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M. Kieboom,

If serials are created in a separated system, perhaps you can make this system to "discuss" with SBO thru B1if... So you'll have pseudo realtime knowledge of the serials in SBO and you can reserve them in the draft.

But it's a different topic from your initial question

Regard,

Eric

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hoi Marcel,

How about a user table in which you register / reserve your new serial numbers and the related document number and items?

Then when you are ready to commit your draft, you first create the necessary serial numbers in B1, so you can then consume them.

Regards,

Johan

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I'm not sure if it would be possible to add serial numbers without relating them directly to a document.

This topic describes that issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3337898

Kind regards,

Marcel Kieboom

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Could you please describe a more literal example of your process please, because I am not sure I understand the  how/what/where/when of the serial numbers?

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/107361

Thanks & Regards,

Bowya S S

former_member622512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bowya,

Then I'll need to find out a solution (work around) which will make it still possible.

Kind regards,

Marcel