cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to application in S4 HANA Cloud missing even when business role is assigned to user

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

User is unable to access an application in S4 HANA Cloud even when the required business role is assigned.

The business role contained the business catalog which contained the application. Even after refreshing the page for several times and logging off/logging in back did not work.

Note: The business role is provisioned via IAG. Status in IAG shows provisioned. Also, we could see in S4 HANA Cloud system that the business role is assigned to user.

Could someone help with any trouble shooting steps? Thank you.

Version: SAP S4 HANA Cloud 2208.

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Gabriel_Gomez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello surya_appala,

Is this something happening only to this user? Or also another user?

Did you verify that the role doesn´t have any dependency? Probably is something that is missing (check all you need within the Fiory App Library) https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/index.html#

You can check within the App: Business Catalogs, search the catalog and find the Applications contained and also the Dependencies needed:

Regards,

Gabriel

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gabriel for the reply.

We see no dependencies for the catalog. Please see below for more details.

App name: Output Parameter Determination

As per Fiori App Library the role is - SAP_BR_CONF_EXPERT_BUS_NET_INT

As per IAM Information System:

We have selected the role - BR_CONF_EXPERT_BUS_NET_INT (This is copied from template role SAP_BR_CONF_EXPERT_BUS_NET_INT)

Inside the catalog it shows the application as well.

I have attached the screen shot in the next comment section below as I cannot add screen shots further.

Regards,

Surya

Gabriel_Gomez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

As you already verified that role, catalog and App are OK, so let´s assume (for some reason) is the user, I never worked with the IAG, so I can´t further guide you on this. But, a couple of things that I can do before opening a support ticket are:

• Remove the role and assign it again.
  • If the above step doesn´t work, then assign the role to another user, to do a dummy test.

Also you can open a ticket to our support Team:

• Application Component: CA-GTF-OC
  • Application Component Text: SAP S/4HANA output management
Hope this can help you, Regards.Gabriel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gabriel_Gomez
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

As you already verified that role, catalog and App are OK, so let´s assume (for some reason) is the user, I never worked with the IAG, so I can´t further guide you on this. But, a couple of things that I can do before opening a support ticket are:

• Remove the role and assign it again.
  • If the above step doesn´t work, then assign the role to another user, to do a dummy test.

Also you can open a ticket to our support Team:

• Application Component: CA-GTF-OC
  • Application Component Text: SAP S/4HANA output management
Hope this can help you, Regards.Gabriel
Pedro_Utz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi surya_appala,

As mentioned by Gabriel, information regarding impacted app can be checked on Fiori Apps Library. In case you have already checked those, may we please know which exact application are we refering to?

In case this not regard a specific user impossibility, you might also check in advance the Scope items which this app refers to it, and check if they are activated on Manage your Solution / Central Business Configuration activities.

Please let us know further details so we can help you through this issue.

Best regards,

Pedro

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for the response.

The catalog shows no dependencies.

App Name: Output parameter Determination.

Business role assigned: BR_CONF_EXPERT_BUS_NET_INT

Also, the issue seems to be with only with 1 user ID.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Surya