I learned about this last year and participated with other utilities earlier this year. In this program you meet with SAP and others to "define your strategy" to move to S/4HANA
This is a decision tree to help you map a transition plan
More suggestions from SAP from the S/4HANA Move program
As part of the output of the program you can develop a timeline for conversion with help from SAP.
Master Data Check
"As of ECC EhP8 SP12, SAP has delivered a standard Master data consistency check report that can be run pretty early in the conversion process (as part of the Preparation phase) that provides an exhaustive listing of the errors / inconsistencies in the existing customer & vendor master data records (with respect to BP data model)."
We recently updated our support packs, and noticed more involved checks take place.
SAP Enterprise Support Guides - I wrote about this back in July here
SAP describes this as follows:
During the Bootcamp the S/4HANA RIG Experts will explain step-by-step how to convert an ECC system to SAP S/4HANA in 10 two-hour virtual classroom sessions. Moreover, every customer enrolled in this program will perform the system conversion activities in a dedicated SAP ERP system provided by SAP
What Bootcamp will cover:
1. Each customer to convert a single SAP provided ERP 6.0 EhP6 system to SAP S/4HANA 1909
2. Hands-on experience in the technical and functional activities for doing a system conversion
3. System access for the entire duration of the bootcamp
4. Installation and configuration of embedded SAP Fiori
5. SAP add-on handling
6. Custom code analysis and remediation
What Bootcamp will not cover:
1. Conversion of a customer specific system
2. Integration to SAP or third party systems
3. Landscape consolidation to embedded (for example from WM to embedded EWM)
Configuration of new functionality
I just finished it this past week and it was excellent. I learned so much from the SAP RIG (Regional Implementation Group) - a group of SAP Superstars.
Special thanks to bhagya4sap for telling me about this program.