cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a variant table with 300 000 lines to record a variant product ?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I've a question about variant configuration, let's say i've a company which is producing clothes. I want to have a database of all the possible types of clothes (with all the parameters of the clothes) the company is selling.

The parameters of the clothes :

15 colors, 6 sizes, 2 genders, 12 price category, 9 material or fabric, 15 possible factories in which the clothes can be made.

Calculating all the possibilities : 15 x 6 x 2 x 12 x 9 x 15 = 291600 possibilities.

How can i store all these possibilities in SAP, i know i can do an escel file with these 291600 lines and then integrate it in a sap variant table.

But is there a better, more simple solution ? Making such an excel file will take a lot of time and there can be many human errors made because of the numbers of lines.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivashankar_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy Neutron,

You can create excel macro to expand the possibilities. There are videos available in google, please go thru.Sivashankar B.
0 Kudos

Hi Sivashankar,

Thank you for your help 😉

There is a solution as you said with the macro excel.

But is there a solution directly in SAP ? Can i simply insert all the differents parameters for the clothes in SAP and
SAP will create or allow automatically all the 291600 possibilities without the need to have made them previously in an excel file ?

sivashankar_b
Participant

Hi Jimmy Neutron,

In SAP it is not possible to expand all the possibilities, you have to use excel macro.

Sivashankar B.

0 Kudos

Thank you Sivashankar !