cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Additional Id (PHONE) in Sap Marketing Cloud

ressandr
Explorer

hy,

i would have a question about a use case of a customer. The main origin of the contact is "Email", now some additional Id's are assigned like PHONE, FAX, MOBILE. Everything is created externally through oData.

Now the case is that the customer has changed the phone number from +4321 to +1234. If we now set the additional ID via:

- PUT: .../API_MKT_CONTACT_SRV;v=004/AdditionalIDs(ContactID='mail@mail.at',ContactOrigin='EMAIL',ContactAdditionalOrigin='PHONE',ContactAdditionalID='+1234')

this would result to a new additional id and we would have two entries on the contact profile. Is there a way to "overwrite" the already existing additional id "PHONE"?

Thank you and BR,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member599277
Contributor

Hi Andreas,

In order to overwrite , We need to delete the same and for deletion we only have Function Import for Additional ID's and not individual delete , So as per my understanding , I guess you have to use the Function Import ContactOriginDeleteAdditionalIDs to delete all Additional ID's from the Origin and update with new Phone and other Ids again.

Regards,
Saravana.

ressandr
Explorer

hy Saravana,

super - thank you.

BR

Andreas

g_sancak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas!

Have you actually tried the method? Cause when I tried it, the customer turned to Anonymous and we couldn't update the information again.

How did you solve the issue?

BR,

Gamze