cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified data from CDC to Emarcys

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Me and my team are working on the integraiton between SAP CDC and Emarcys.

As we are a multibrand group, we have different B2C sites.
We want to have these sites in different site groups in the CDC architecture. Which means that a same user that registers on 2 sites would have 2 profiles in the CDC.

I would like to know if there is a way to unified the user profile of different database in CDC or Emarcys.

Thanks,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Just another option, would you consider SAP CDP as the underlying platform to unify customer profiles from various channels/systems/databases?

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Samuel,

That is the point as Emarcys can do it.

I was thinking about CPI or CDC to do the work.

Cheers,
Guillaume

0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

While one Customer Data Cloud's (CDC) user base can represent users across multiple business entities (regions, countries, even brands), one Emarsys account (=tenant) should represent single area of business (typically brand, but it's also common having multiple Emarsys accounts/tenants for multiple countries). Whole Emarsys solution provides (besides engagement across multiple channels) personalisation service for product recommendation: Predict which considers all the products linked to the one Emarsys account (=tenant). If one Emarsys contained two or more areas of business, the Predict recommendation would present mix of both within one email. Then consumer engaging with e.g. chocolate brand would see in their mail e.g. clothe.

Emarsys isn't meant to represent "gold record", but rather listens to inputs and activities, creates contacts (=profiles) and engages with them. Referring to earlier comment, SAP Customer Data Platform (CDP) is the optimal solution for a golden record, Emarsys has a solid integration with not only CDC but also CDP (this productised connector does NOT use CPI or other flows, it's out-of-the-box solution for these two / three products).

If you share more about your use case, I can try to find better advice.

Regards, Dominik

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Thanks for your comment.

So you recommend to not use CPI as integration is easy in between these 3 products ?

Cheers,
Guillaume

0 Kudos

hello Guillaume,

in general, we recommend using the productised Connector between CDC and Emarsys. The Connector won't, however, support synchronisation from multiple CDC to one Emarsys. Emarsys is (especially in connector setup) passive receiver of data, doesn't change them (except mail + sms opt-in).

Kind regards,
Dominik

PS: here again link to the Connector's documentation.

former_member548533
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add different sites into a single site group, on the CDC side, you have to create a new parent site, migrate the configuration, and then create new CDC child sites under that group, and after that migrate the data from your existing multiple single CDC sites into the children sites of the group.

You cannot add different sites with existing data and configuration into a site group and expect that CDC would automatically merge all config and customer data in the group. That's not possible because you will have to manually set how you want to merge duplicates, discards, etc.

I believe you will have to provide more insights on what's your current design, and what you want to achieve. It might be the case that another solution might help you, or that you can design such integration without big integration changes on the CDC side.

Julio

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Julio,

Thanks for your anwer.

We don't have any design at the moment as we are working on the structuration of the application.
But if it needs a lot of custom and has a negative impact on the performance we would need to find another solution.

Also I didn't memtion it but we will use CPI as a middlewear. Do you know if CPI had can profide this merge ?

Thanks,
Guillaume

olehi941
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

As per my knowledge and understanding, Emarsys doesn't support the "Best record" feature as SMC does and you cannot personalize data based on their origins.

And based on documentation connector(CDC to Emarsys) can synchronize one userbase (Customer Identities on SAP Customer Data Cloud) with multiple SAP Emarsys Customer Engagement accounts (tenants), but not vice versa.
Hence, you need to unify the user profiles somehow before configuring and activating an integration to Emarsys.

If there is a way to unify the user profile of different databases in CDC? -> Technically speaking, yes.
Note: I would not suggest, that it is the resolution(as it is complex in maintaining and I don't know your all use cases), but just giving a technical understanding in terms of CDC product.

You could create a new site group (to keep here duplication of Best Record of your users) and use Dataflows to synchronize them from your CDC sites/brands.

But based on your requirement(keep your sites separately) it is hard to handle because:
- You need one-time Dataflow to migrate users from site/brand1
- You need one-time Dataflow to migrate users from site/brand2(With defining conditions on what to (not) override or populate only these fields that are empty)
- You need scheduled Dataflows for both sites/brands to update constantly site group with Best Record
- As Subscriptions for Email and SMS are exchanged bi-directionally between Emarsys and CDC, you need also provide a solution to move it back from the Best Record site group back to site/brand1 and site/brand2(it also can be reached by the Dataflows

So, as you can see it is hard to maintain constant bi-directional updates for the current case.
Hope it helped you somehow or at least shed light on something.

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Oleh,

Thanks for you answer.

So if I understood well, because of maintenance difficulties, you don't recommend to go with this solution.
As we don't want to overload the system and keep the best performance as possible, we will follow you recommendation.

Thanks,
Guillaume