cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Synchronization in Smartedit] New images are removed if changes are done in online catalog

swollmershaeuser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we run into a problem when we synchronize our content catalog.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Chose an already synchronized CmsImageComponent from your online catalog in Smartedit
2. remove the image and create a new image (upload new picture)
3. synchronize the catalog

the image from the online CmsImageComponent is removed. Why is this the case? Have we something misconfigured?

I would have expected, that either the online version will just be replaced with the staged one or just nothing happens. But just removing the image seems to be a bug?

Kind regards

Sven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swollmershaeuser
Explorer
0 Kudos

i think i found it myself. The problem was that we have added Media and MediaContainer as Roottype to the sync job. I don't know why we did that. But after I removed these two it works just fine.

georg_wittmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

OOTB configuration for content catalog sync jobs has Media and MediaContainer as root types.

If you do not want to lose your changes, then you should not change in online catalog version.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

georg_wittmann
Explorer

Sync jobs for content catalogs are typically created with removeMissingItems=true:

-> Elements that only exist in the target catalog version are automatically removed.

swollmershaeuser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. But i think this option has much more impact than just on the images. I don't know if this does what we want.