cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Multiple Manisfest.json

Rajiv_Upadhyay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are using single code repository which can handle multiple stores (US and Canada)

And for these stores we have dedicated env i.e. US on different CCV2 and Canada on different CCV2 as each region has its own load and capacity as well as integration with different 3rd party systems.

Also we have requirement to have different local.properties based upon persona as Dev and QA environment has to point to different 3rd party app for integration. Now each region has its own CCV2 alongwith its personas. However manifest.json has option to have persona specific differentiation only and not based upon region/CCV2 subscription.

Wants to know if there is support or a way for multiple manifest.json which can be used and dedicate for specific CCV2 subscription, so that we can deploy the build with local.properties getting deployed for persona specific in each region.

Or if there is better option for that.

There is also way to upload Static Files using CCV2 portal, but I could not find any automated way to upload zip file as its a manual process and wants to avoid that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

viktor_rudomyotkin
Participant

Hi Rajiv,

As of my knowledge, there is no way to specify which manifest.json file should be used during the build/deployment. However, since you are talking about the automation, it would probably make sense to include the step of creating the right manifest.json file per CCv2 subscription as part of CI/CD pipeline. During this step the manifest.json file can be copied, created or even generated in dependence of the target CCv2 subscription.

Kind regards,

Viktor

Rajiv_Upadhyay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Victor for your prompt response.

Are you saying to write script in pipeline which will create/update manifest.json in the code repository, I mean checkout and checkin manifest.json. As you know for CCV2 we just provide the branch name after integrating the CCV2 with code repo and CCV2 checkout the code do the build & deploy and considers the manifest.json available in code repo.

0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv,

have you been able to find a solution for your case?
Currently, we are facing similar issue and I'm wondering if you were able to find anything.

Kind regards,

Roman.

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Yes that's right, different manifest files for different projects. And I don't think we support multiple manifest file for a single project.

But What is the your scenario to support multiple manifest files for a single commerce project?

samuelyang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Please refer to the sample github repository for how to support multiple manifest.json.

https://github.com/SAP-samples/cloud-commerce-sample-setup

Hope it helps.

Rajiv_Upadhyay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuel for your prompt response.

Here you have two manifest.json one under js-storefront and other in core-customisation, please correct if my understanding is incorrect.

For us we need support for multiple manifest json for hybris only (in your case inside core-customisation). Is this possible, let me know your thoughts around that.

-Thanks