cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell a Gift Card

aftab25
Explorer
0 Kudos

We want to sell Gift Cards. Customer will pay and we will give him a gift card. So do we need to create a dummy item for it? And how do we link the Gift Card Number or ID with the sale? I could not find any way to do it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hari_1503
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gunther,

We grasp the concept of configuring the Article ID for gift cards. However, our issue pertains to our desire to sell gift cards to customers who request them. The challenge we face is that we are unable to set them up as non-stock materials in SAP ByDesign and synchronize them with SAP CCO. Items will sync to SAP CCO only if it is maintained as Stock Item. In this case the gift card is not stock item.

hari_1503
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gunther,

Could you provide guidance on this matter as we are in the process of integrating with the SAP Business ByDesign system?

Thank you, Hari

0 Kudos

Dear hari_1503,

Above answer...

Go to CCO => Functions => Configuration => Sales => Article ID of Gift Card.

Link to documentation: SAP Customer Checkout: Configuration Guide

...holds true, no matter what the backend system. So, when integrating CCO with ByD this is where you maintain the Gift Card article.

Furthermore, if you want to know more about the end user perspective, you find guidance in the SAP Customer Checkout: User Guide, for example: Sell a gift card

Again, this is regardless of the backend system.

Best regards,

Gunther

aftab25
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok. I got it now. I had to assign a price to the giftcard article.

0 Kudos

Hello aftab25,

If you are integrating with SAP Business One there is useful information about Gift Card configuration in this asset:

SAP Customer Checkout Configuration

Kind regards,

Gunther

0 Kudos

Hello aftab25,

Go to CCO => Functions => Configuration => Sales => Article ID of Gift Card.

Link to documentation: SAP Customer Checkout: Configuration Guide

Kind regards,

Gunther

aftab25
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have already did it and it works with Gift Cards when I select Gift Cards on payment screen. But if I search Gift Card as an item and I want it to add it as a sale item, I cannot find this gift card item..